Amborsia Maple

Shane Starnes

The blank was a little thin so I added the Cedar to give it a little more depth. Was not real happy with the end result but the more I look at it the more I convince myself it looks okay. The girls at the office loved it and talked me into going ahead and posting it.
hf cropped.JPG

The material mix doesn't bother me at all, on the contrary I find it very interesting.

You could even have made the top ring removable and put it on or off depending on the use/taste.

Thanks for the complements everyone.

As it turns out the combo worked because one of the girls in the office came in this morning and begged me to sell it to her (she is my biggest fan) so she could give it to a friend for an upcoming birthday. I told her she was crazy there was no way I would sell it to her....

I let her beg a while then I gave it to her! :)

Tcht... Tcht... That's a nice thing to do but dangerous if you want to sell them anytime in the future!:)

Tell her that if anybody asks she should answer something diplomatic like " I paid what was asked for it" or something like that otherwise you'll start getting orders for free...

Tcht... Tcht... That's a nice thing to do but dangerous if you want to sell them anytime in the future!:)

Tell her that if anybody asks she should answer something diplomatic like " I paid what was asked for it" or something like that otherwise you'll start getting orders for free...

This is true but I look at it as advertisement. I gave her a couple cards to go inside it when she gives it to its new owner. Besides she loves to bake and I am willing to bet I have a fresh apple pie in the near future. :D

As it turns out the combo worked because one of the girls in the office came in this morning and begged me to sell it to her (she is my biggest fan) so she could give it to a friend for an upcoming birthday. I told her she was crazy there was no way I would sell it to her....

Congrats Shane. It's always nice to know that a piece is appreciated, huh? :thumb:

contrasting woods!

i dont think there is any rules for you turners that says that you ned to have the piece out of one specie of wood??? i think the mix is fine and have got some thngs i have done that use more than one wood as well i like the looks and apparently the others did to.. sometimes we need to listen to the others more they look at htings differntly than the makers do.:thumb: