Two Maple NEs

Mark Pruitt

Here are a couple more recently completed bowls.
Maple NE, 7.5" at the wings:
DSC_0273edit2.jpg

and another, 9" at the wings:
DSC_0278edit2.jpg

Finished with sequence of BLO-DO-poly, and Beall buffed. Comments welcome.

Dang Mark, I can't keep up with which of your posts I've responded to and which ones I haven't. This is another nice pair of bowls. :thumb:

Couple of great looking bowls Mark! Very nice forms on each but really like how you managed to get the finish to the very edge of the bowl. Many times the finish stops at the bark and offers a flat appearance that doesn't fit with the rest of the bowl.

...really like how you managed to get the finish to the very edge of the bowl. Many times the finish stops at the bark and offers a flat appearance that doesn't fit with the rest of the bowl.
Steve, I'd love to tell you about some secret formula I've cleverly devised. But if I told you.....:p Seriously, I can sum it up iin one word: persistence. I just kept applying finish until I was satisfied. (BTW, I should say that the only reason I use BLO on a bowl that I intend to finish with DO and/or poly, is that BLO is less expensive. Peces like these two drink a lot before they get "full," so I start off serving the cheap beverage.;)