Kitchen Cabinets - New Door Stiles & Rails

Thanks Royal, I am looking forward to your posting on the doors and drawers. I will be proceeding on the lower cabinets and am interested in how you do your drawers. I am leaning toward a lock joint that I can do on the table saw.

Larry, I don't know why Whiteside has you do the sticking first. I think I will practice doing the coping on a test piece and then trying setting up for the sticking cut to see which way I like best.

If you are talking about the red corner clamps in the photo below, yes those are Bessey corner clamps. I had them for some time now and really like them. Are you also talking about the black corner clamps below? They are Pinnacle Box Clamps (which are actually made by Woodpecker and sold under their name) that Woodcraft sells.

www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=147529&FamilyID=5964

www.woodpeck.com/boxclamp.html

Cabinet 50.jpg

Thanks Glenn!

Thanks Royal, I am looking forward to your posting on the doors and drawers. I will be proceeding on the lower cabinets and am interested in how you do your drawers. I am leaning toward a lock joint that I can do on the table saw.

Bill I did did lock miter joints on the router table when building the Master bath vanity. On the case I used a set that went from 3/4" to I think 1" or better and a smaller set that went from 3/4" down to like 3/8" maybe?? Once they were dialed in it wen OK but if you look at the photos there was a bit of tear out. Most of it was due to poor quality Chinese birch ply.

The drawers for the kitchen I'm doing now will be a simple butt on the front and rear pieces and rabbets on the sides. I'll run a 1/4" groove for the bottom. It is what I used on the last two kitchen for us and my customers didn't want the expense of anything fancy like dove tails.

IMG_2308 (Small).jpg

IMG_2309 (Small).jpg

IMG_2310 (Small).jpg

IMG_2305 (Small).jpg

IMG_2306 (Small).jpg

IMG_2312 (Small).jpg

IMG_2319 (Small).jpg

Last edited: