A Few Little Things

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a couple of confetti lamps and a little pot (maybe an ort bowl?) made from leftover small pieces of my earlier red eucalyptus haul. These are my first confetti lights, so I'm kind of figuring it out as I go. I didn't realize the wick was crooked in the oil lamps, and I'm too tired to go re-shoot the pics. ;)

DSC_1329 C 800.jpg DSC_1323 C 800.jpg

This pot is about the same size as the confetti lamps above...about 2" high and 2 3/4" wide.

DSC_1336 TC 800.jpg DSC_1333 TC 800.jpg

Comments and critiques are welcome.

TIA -

The wick is crooked...... :rofl:

:D

Nice, I should try some of those, are you going to fill the checks and cracks?

You sure are getting a lot of use from that lathe with the bad belt on it :thumb:

Cheers!

The wick is crooked...... :rofl:

:D

Nice, I should try some of those, are you going to fill the checks and cracks?

You sure are getting a lot of use from that lathe with the bad belt on it :thumb:

Cheers!
You should try some confetti lamps. They're quick and easy. I had planned to leave the checks and cracks open. There's a hairline crack at the rim of the pot from expanding the jaws of my chuck a twidge too much. In fact I was done finishing the bottom, and was turning the chuck key to release the pot, but since I very seldom use it as an expansion chuck, I turned it the wrong way and cracked it. :doh:

Strange thing about the belt...the lathe seemed to be running on form again tonight. I still haven't investigated very deep, but I don't think the belt is bad. I think something else is loose or hanging up.

Oh...and I gots yer crooked wick right HERE, baby! :rofl:

You spinny guys do some nice work. I love those confetti lamps. Those would make great gifts! I guess one of these days I'm going to have to get a lathe and take a shot at some turning! Thanks for the pics!