Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: momentous occasion...

momentous occasion...

can you identify that?

you guessed it... first shavings in the shop from the spinny thing!
    -Ned

Oooooooooooooooooooo
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will. - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

It'll never be the same.:
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Holy Cow Ned is a turning.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Woo Hoo! Delta Midi owners unite!

Have fun out there, Ned!

Ned,
    Carefully scoop those shavings up and put them in a jar - put the jar in a special place. Maybe they'll have baby shavings like the last two dollars at the Bailey Building & Loan Association!

Good to see!

Wes

Woooooo Hooooooo! Just don't fall into the same hole Ken F. did with his mini before his shop was finished....what I'm trying to say is.....

STOP what your doing and finish the stinking shop already!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Woooooo Hooooooo! Just don't fall into the same hole Ken F. did with his mini before his shop was finished....what I'm trying to say is.....

STOP what your doing and finish the stinking shop already!
    DITTO!

Once you get sucked down into that vortex it is really hard to get out............ trust me!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Beautiful shavings.
    Actually, enjoy the lathe.

Well guys,
    That was truly just a test run. I can't let the lathe get in the way of the shop completion, I've got a firm date to clear my storage unit, and I've got a ton of juggling to do before I'm done.
    I also need to get my turning tools tuned up, and/or pick up a bowl gouge, I only have two spindle gouges in this set at the shop, which I believe are just HF HSS tools.

that's how both of the gouges were sharpened, and while they cut, I was very aware of those points out there just waiting to catch.

I do have another set of tools, carbon steel ones which are over at Mark's shop, that set has a bowl gouge, so I guess I'll be going to Oneida at some point.

I also got my bandsaw up from the storage unit, and man that sucker is Heavy. Sean whom I indirectly bought the saw from built a Massive base for it out of MDF.

I got that up and running as well last night, and it works like a charm. I will need to pick up a couple more blades, time for a call to Suffolk, but that will have to wait for another paycheck.

another new tool in the shop is this generic little grinder, price was perfect: Free

I need to get a finer grit wheel to replace that wire wheel, but it works just fine.
    -Ned