Updated shop photos

Garry Smith

I had to clean up the shop for a magazine shoot this month so I updated my shop tour page while the shop was still in a presentable state.
There are lots of photos but they are low resolution so it should not take too long to load. Most photos can be expanded to get a better look if desired.
Here's the link if you want to see more
http://www.superwoodworks.com/Projects/ShopShots.htm
ShopShot01.JPG

ShopShot10.JPG

ShopShot12.JPG

Gary,

I sent those pictures to my wife. Told her I needed a bigger shop! ;)

Seriously, what you've got is very cool. We should all have shops like that!

Thanks,

Bill

Gary,

I sent those pictures to my wife. Told her I needed a bigger shop! ;)

Seriously, what you've got is very cool. We should all have shops like that!

Thanks,

Bill

I told my wife that if I was always going to be in the dog house, the dog house would need to be made into a place I enjoyed. This is what I came up with.

Thanks for the comments.

Garry, I've been seeing pics of your carved window treatments for (I think) a couple years now, and every time I see them, I think "Now that's a woodworker's shop." :thumb:

That looks great. No matter how big your space I find it better to give up a few things and have room to work with what you've got than have lots of stuff and have to move five things to get to the one you want ;-)

Again, a great looking place there.

Garry,
How many square feet in table top space do you have in that shop? It probably comes out to more space than some of us have in total shop size.:wave:
Nice looking shop. How long does it usually stay that clean?

Ted

I may have quite a bit of work top space but it still never seems to be enough.
My shop for the most part is kept kinda clean, although I had just cleaned it before I took those photos. I had to clean it for another reason so it was an opportune time.

Garry,

Very nice shop.

Could you possibly post a few more pictures of you dust piping around you jointer and sanding station. I'm looking for a few ideas.

Regards,

Randy

Gary,
Great shop. I have visited you shop several times before. My current shop is 40 x 30 with an additional 13 x 40 addition. Im am looking for layout ideas and I have a couple of questions. What do you use your upper storage area for? I have an attic that I could transform into storage. How do you access your upper storage area. Also I looked at your gallery. Very nice work. Have you ever taken on large jobs like a kitchen and if so how did the size of the space work out for you. Last but not least do you have a shop layout you could shared

Thanks

Greg