Intro stuff

Jim Burr

Hi All,
I'm a bit new here so here go's. I've been turning about 5 years and use a Jet 1014 with a Barracuda 3 chuck (still learning that monster) I do mostly pens, stoppers, wine glasses and am working on bowls and am starting boxes and peppermills. I just hit 600 pens and am happy to say they have all (all but 20) been given away. I work in 2 large hospitals and love to give sets or singles to co-workers, patients, friends and students. I tossed in a few pictures and hope to hear ideas and feedback from anyone that offers. If any ideas that pop into my head are worth a nickle, I'm always willing to offer an idea or keep my mouth shut, which ever keeps more fingers attached! I look forward to talking to all of you at some point. Pictures aren't that great, but we're working on that.

Jim

Attachments

• house and stuff 063.jpg
    house and stuff 063.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 33
  • house and stuff 062.jpg
    house and stuff 062.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 30
  • house and stuff 064.jpg
    house and stuff 064.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 33
Nice work there, Jim...and welcome to the forum. :wave: Is the bowl walnut? Whatever it is, it's sure got some nice figure.

I spun a couple of your pictures around, so people won't get a crook in their necks looking at them. :)

Jim Burr house and stuff 063.jpg Jim Burr house and stuff 062.jpg

Thank you gentlemen. The bowl is redwood that I have boxes of...it's a long story. The bud vase is also redwood. The bowl with the pens is ambrosa. That was my first atempt with the Barracuda.