Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cruise and Gustav

cruise and Gustav

Wooden ye know? Our long planned cruise (after you guys insisted I do it ) to celebrate our 43rd anniversary (was in June) and first real vacation in 25 years, may be deep sixed, literally, by hurricane Gustav. It is predicted to hit the gulf coast at New Orleans and Mobile, Alabama area on Sunday. That is the day we arrive and our ship is supposed to leave. Then the path of the hurricane is exactly where our ship will be traveling. To make it worse, the storm is supposed to hit the tip of the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico. We are scheduled to make stops at Progresso and Cozumel. Bingo, right there. We can only hope that it is not to severe to prevent the ship from leaving Sunday and will have passed those spots by the time we are supposed to leave. Carnival is still saying no change in scheduled embarkation. (new word or me )

At first I thought you were talking about Stickley.

Bummer on the weather Frank - I hope Gustav either hurries up or takes a turn away from your intended destinations.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Frank, I hope it all works out. You both deserve a real vacation if it's been 25yrs. Also, 43yrs My 9th is just around the corner.

If the cruise does get canceled, maybe you can take the new camper out for an extended trip...or a short one to the Springfield area....maybe take in some of your favorite GREEN You know she would understand.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    At first I thought you were talking about Stickley.

Bummer on the weather Frank - I hope Gustav either hurries up or takes a turn away from your intended destinations.
    Current predictions for Gustav look promising. Arrival at Mobile shouldn't be until Tuesday. Once underway, they can skirt the storm and makes stop at places other than where scheduled. That won't bother us at all.

Good Deal!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Current predictions for Gustav look promising. Arrival at Mobile shouldn't be until Tuesday. Once underway, they can skirt the storm and makes stop at places other than where scheduled. That won't bother us at all.
    we will be free of frank for a whole week have a safe trip frank
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    we will be free of frank for a whole week have a safe trip frank
    Thanks pal. I could still haunt ye. The ship has computers with internet.
    But, except for a once a day quick check of e-mail (on my alternate address), I'm staying away from them.

I hope the weather behaves, and that you and the Missus have a great vacation.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    I hope the weather behaves, and that you and the Missus have a great vacation.
    Thanks. Right now it looks like Gustav won't stop the cruise. If it does, we might just stay in Mobile and do the tourist thing there. (if it's not under water) Or come north a bit and play in another city.

Maybe this far North Frank? Cannons are awaiting
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

good luck, I hope you guys make it and the storm leaves you alone.

If you take your mobile home way up north, my driveway is always open if you want to park it and head into the big apple(or I can burn us some steaks on the bbq, Im about as good at cooking as I am woodworking)