Modified my panel sled...

Ned Bulken

Thanks to Larry....

I had a little free time today at the house... (copmuter problems on the work machine, so I'm sitting home twiddling my thumbs)

After picking up scraps and sweeping out the shop among other little things (didnt' want to get into anything too involved, in case I had to drop things and go to w***), I decided that I would listen to Larry's advice not too long ago, and put a block on the back of my crosscut sled. It was just something quick and easy to do, so it ain't pretty, but it is there ,and I'm sure it will help.
DSC01277.jpg

I'm planning on making a much smaller crosscut sled in the 'near' future, but there's a lot more stuff in the storage unit yet to come home, so it may be awhile.

By george!!!!

He does listen:) i know of guy that wished he had that option on his a few years ago.. and if you get aoutfeed table set up have it stop your sled before going threw... if i get time i will try to get a pic or two to explain better. safty should be no.1 in any shop large or small. and belive me i anint no angel:rofl:

IMG_0373tn_.jpgshows the blade buried in the fence and back block

IMG_0374tn_.jpg back block

IMG_0375tn_.jpgstop block attached to fence
IMG_0376tn_.jpgstop block engauged in the outfeed table mitre slot

Last edited:
That stop is a great idea. I've got a second thickness of material on mine, but nothing but my attention span to prevent me from cutting through it and into what ever appendage might be in line with the blade as it comes through.