Been Cherry Pickin'

Doug Miller

Our church had to have a few trees taken down on the property of our future building. One just happened to be a cherry. So I pulled out my trusty chain saw and found my way over to pick up a piece or two. Not sure if it's any good or not. :thumb: I'll let you be the judge.

Attachments

• cherry haul resize.jpg
    cherry haul resize.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 86
Doug, based on the pics it looks pretty bad to me. I think you should send me a couple of the bigger chunks so I can check it out more carefully. Of course, I'll have to peel away the surface of the logs a little bit at a time, but I've got the specialized tools necessary for such an analysis. :p

Doug, based on the pics it looks pretty bad to me. I think you should send me a couple of the bigger chunks so I can check it out more carefully. Of course, I'll have to peel away the surface of the logs a little bit at a time, but I've got the specialized tools necessary for such an analysis. :p

It's a good thing we have a properly equipped expert in our midst. :D

Hey, hey, hey I agree with Vaughn. What you don't send to him send to me and I will do several checks to see if it is good for turning. I have the tools and equipment to do this with much expetise.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congrats on a nice haul.

I appreciate the concern that many of you seem to have. I do have a piece of equipment that will peal the layers away pretty well. The inspection process does take time and energy. I'll try to let you know what I find along the process. :cool: