Google Chrome

I only run XP on one box, so I give it a try on that one, otherwise, FireFox has been good to me........

IE.......... people STILL use IE :eek:

;) :wave:

I loaded it yesterday. It looks pretty promising, especially for complex web applications. It'll be interesting to see the adoption rate vs. IE. I hope it doesn't just cut in to the firefox share...

Thanks,

Bill

I loaded it yesterday. It looks pretty promising, especially for complex web applications. It'll be interesting to see the adoption rate vs. IE. I hope it doesn't just cut in to the firefox share...

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, you know better than that... ;)
From my developers, and I trust them... and they totally love Firefox, of course!

--MJ

For anyone trying out Google's new Chrome brower, be careful.

September 2nd, 2008
Google Chrome vulnerable to carpet-bombing flaw
http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1843&tag=nl.e539

I use "I GOOGLE" I make my home page with anything I want from the add on menu from Google.:D
Chuck, I also use iGoogle, but that's a totally different beast than Google Chrome. Google Chrome is a whole new browser...iGoogle is a customizable home home page within any browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer, or any other one).

Well, reviews are coming out. My web guys are cautiously enthusiastic. Here's why:

Google has recognized that the current state of Web application development has outpaced browser technology and that something needed to be done. And the powers of competition will hopefully compel IE and Firefox to follow suit. If so, we will all benefit in the next year or two as new browser technology continues to move forward, finally taking us to the level of Web application power that we need to perform our daily work—without being tied down by annoyances like airplanes with no Internet and bad Flash scripts bringing our whole browser down.

You can read the whole thing here: http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Search-Engines/A-Technical-Overview-of-Google-Chrome/1/

Thanks,

Bill

OK, call me stu-pid, but where do I download it :huh:

Screenshot.........

chrome.jpg
... that is the page that I get, no clickable link except the one that says "Learn more......" and on that page there is a "Download Now" link that leads back to this same page........... :huh: :dunno:

Using FireFox 2.0.0.16 and Win 2K Pro

:wave: