Blanket Chest Completed!!

I'm pretty happy with the way this one came out. It's my first piece of actual "case work", as well as the first time I've done breadboard ends and raised panels, so I was nervous going in. I made this blanket chest as a wedding gift for my brother-in-law and his bride-to-be. It's made from RS and QSWO. After sealing it up with dewaxed shellac, I stained it with General Finish's walnut gel stain, then applied three applied three coats of GF's Satin High Performance topcoat. A couple of coats of paste wax later, this is where it's at.

2830089567_213de0a9c9.jpg

2830089993_a335a09db5.jpg

I lined the interior with aromatic red cedar panels purchased at Home Depot. After a light sanding, they came out pretty nicely...

2830924096_4c71325030.jpg

2830090197_efb03839b3.jpg

I'm hoping they like it. Thanks for looking!!

- Keith

That's a beautiful chest, Keith. The ray fleck figure in that QSWO really looks good as does the Cedar lining.

How did you attach the Cedar inside?

That's a beautiful chest, Keith. The ray fleck figure in that QSWO really looks good as does the Cedar lining.

How did you attach the Cedar inside?

The cedar panels are only 1/4" thick, so I decided to just go with 3/4" brads, sunk just a little below the surface. Two at the top, two at the bottom.....worked great!

- Keith

Superb job on that blanket chest. Nicely defined clean lines, beautiful glowing finish, frame and panel construction. I'd say you hit this one out of the park.