General - 4" 4 Jaw scroll chuck #25-105

Jeff Bower

Does anyone have experience with this chuck. I met someone that would be willing to sell me one of these for next to nothing, but I can't find any info about it on the web other than a part number and pic. Here is a link to that on General's website. It's on the upper right hand side of the page.

Any thoughts would be helpful

Know nothing about it other than what is shown.
Suggest you go to the PSI catalog or web site and compare with the ones they have about same size. Then make a decision based on what you consider a good/bad value.

I'm going to go ahead and get it tonight...the price is almost giving it away. It has a screw chuck bit that comes with it too so it will be worth the price even if it is dedicated to that alone. Will update more once I use it.

Yeah, if you're getting a "giving it away" price, grab it. Looks like a decent basic chuck. It has the "tommy bars" for tightening the chuck, which isn't quite as handy as chucks that have a single key to turned, but still plenty usable.

I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it looks like an OK chuck. The jaws don't seem to be dovetailed either...just straight, except for a small (1/8") at the end of the jaw to place the screw chuck insert.

I'm taking off work the next few days to clean the garage and cut a bunch of turning blanks so I will be trying it out and will get some pics too.