Thread: Crazy weekend and start to the week! Stealth Gloat

Crazy weekend and start to the week! Stealth Gloat

Friday through Sunday I was at an Art show. It's great, in that, if you demonstrate, there is no cost!

I've been here for four years and always did what I think is well.

Friday I had a customer pick up a $150.00 bowl AND buy it. That is a great start. Also, sold several other pieces.

I had decided to make Kaleidoscopes and brought 10 kits with me. It was like selling candy. I made two each from Olivewood, Redheart, Cocobolo, Mohagony, and Brazillian Cherry. Pretty much, I would finish two or three and they were gone. Had two women hassle each other over the last two. One bought the last Olive and when the other woman came back, the last one was gone, too. She asked what wood I could use and I told here to come to Woodcraft and she could pick out what she wanted.

We had been talking 2 or 3.

She came in today and to make this short, she is taking 10!!!!!!! 2 Cocobolo, 2 Marblewood, 1 Walnut, 4 Paduk, and 1 Redheart.

I wish all shows were like this, but they're not so it makes it SPECIAL! Obviously, I will be doing this one as long as I can.

Bruce
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Congrats, Bruce! That's the first "good" show report I've heard in a while. I'm hoping for good fall season out here on the left coast.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Nice!

That's awesome Bruce! I have been hearing that whenever a person is able to demontrate live, their sales go through the roof. Time and time again it seems to be a major factor in sales. Can we see a pic of some kaleidescopes? Glad to hear it was a great success!

Hutch

Wonderful news Bruce! ...my first show is in a few weeks...I hope your success can channel itself thru the internet highway to me.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

That's great new Bruce, congrats! I know my wife is ramping up for xmas shopping, so I think its getting to be that time of year.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Here's a picture, Matt. Sorry, I use them to pay for booth and don't take pictures of them, because I do them at the show and they go fast.

Sending good thoughts, Jeff.

Bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Item 902 Kaleidescope Honey Locust.JPG  
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Shiverdecker View Post
    Sending good thoughts, Jeff.
    Bruce
    Thanks Bruce.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website