Bandsaw Story Upload picture attempt

Dan Mosley

Thank you for all the comments and posts on the bandsaw. Im trying to resize the pictures as someone suggested on the posting so i hope it works so i can show the saw.
I contacted louis Ittura who is a big help in parts and information on the saw. Davis-Wells manufactured bandsaw from the 30's forward and was bought out by Eagle in the early 60's who kept the name of the company and used imported materials (cheaper) for many years after that. The machine is from the earlier time when it was pure Davis-Wells.
The wheel was the diameter measurement....to answer someones question. but the pictures i hope will show and explain more than maybe what i am doing.
Work of course gets in the way of me starting the restoration which i think will be fun and according to Louis it shouldnt take much. Today i have sent off pictures of everything to him to see what parts and where to start. Louis is a great help and very knowledgable about bandsaw if anyone else has questions about there own.
It has one big old motor on it (1hp though) but for the fun ill see on my time off if it still works.....but im thinking down the road a bigger motor is what this thing could really use.........smile........ok thank you all and i hope the pictures come out well with the resize program..........Dan

attachment.jpg

attachment-1.jpg

Now we have to teach you to rotate the images. :)

Very cool bandsaw! And yes that looks like a 20" saw. I need to get off my bottom and finish up my American 30" saw. That saw will kick butt on any new one once you get it set up. Don't be to quick to replace some of the old items on there like guides. Many people will try to convince you that you need to replace some of the old stuff when it's simply not true. Like putting urethane tires on there.

Now, as for the motor. I think you have plenty of motor. I strong suspect that is a R/I motor. Repulsion Induction motors are sought after by many of us in that fool with old machines. While it is is still 1 HP it will develop more torque than a new Capacitor start motor. I think with good blades your going find to that motor more than adequate. Besides, if it is original to the saw it would be shame to replace it.

Last edited:
Ok trying uploading with them un tilted

Ok uploading again........hope this is right........Dan

Attachments

• jse_jse_P1010036.jpg
    jse_jse_P1010036.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 25
  • jse_jse_P1010037.jpg
    jse_jse_P1010037.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 33