Bandsaw qeustion and pictures of whats left for sale

Dan Mosley

went back and this is whats left for sale except the pic of the bandsaw....

is the top knob on the bandsaw for tightening up the blade? and the lower one for tilting the wheel ? sorry dont know alot about this and need a bit of guiding help on some of this...
got all new electrical parts today and will try in a week to put the electrical together and see if it fires up........

Offered very low prices on the remaining stuff....lathe $50.00 Drill press $80.00, Talesaw $100.00. Like i said im sure the shipping it alot but take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think in terms of prices....at this point i was turned down on my offers......ahhhhhh well i have a drill press, lathe and table saw but i if i got a good bargin i would pick it up........thanks ahead of time.....and pics are posted.......Dan

Attachments

• jse_drillpresssale.jpg
    jse_drillpresssale.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 74
  • jse_Latheforsale.jpg
    jse_Latheforsale.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 84
  • jse_tablesawsale.jpg
    jse_tablesawsale.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 70
  • jse_jse_P1010037.jpg
    jse_jse_P1010037.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 72
Dan, I personally think that if you bought all three items , "Even at his ASKING PRICE", you could clean them up and sell them for a profit if you didn't want to keep them. As a for instance, the FENCE on the saw appears to be either a Biesemeyer, or Jet clone, and that alone is worth more than the asking price of the saw. The Lathe, although an older model, has the good metal cabinet type stand, and is worth it's asking price. I can't remember what brand you said the Drill Press is, but if it is an older Delta, then it would be worth the asking price also. Of course, if you can get them cheaper, then Hooray for you. I would definitely think about getting the saw though and if you decided to keep it you could set it up as a dedicated Dado/rabbet machine.

Cheers

Dan, you're correct about the large wheel/knob on top of the bandsaw -- it's for tensioning the blade. The two other knobs on the lower part of the top half look like they are for adjusting the blade guides up and down. (One knob moves things up and down, and the other knob holds it in place once you move it where you want it.) This is a good thing...cheaper saws only have the knob to tighten the guides; they don't have the up/down knob.

I don't remember seeing the asking prices on the other machines, but I also agree with Norman...I think they look like good tools with good resale potential.

Thanks for all the help on the machines let answer a few questions

Im in california.........
The prices above are the prices i offered him for the machines but he turned down my offers and said he wanted more than that. He said he wanted to see if he could get alot more for the machines. He wanted me to make him a higher offer but at the moment i didnt as i dont know what they are worth.
He didnt say anything about the drill presses. But i went thru this same thing on the bandsaw.
Wondering what others think they are worth so i had a idea what to pay for them. Out of all of them i would like to have the tablesaw.

Question: picture maybe a bad one of the bandsaw but there is a big black knob on the top and another one on the side just below it........not sure but one is for tightening and other ? not sure which is which?

Thanks Dan

Vaughn - Saw Pic

Would it help if i posted another picture of the saw to show the knobs more clear? i could use some help understanding some things about this saw ?

Dan