My Avatar

Bill Satko

I just want to clear up some confusion concerning my avatar. Someone has already PM'd me wanting the details of my hunt. When it comes to hunting my experience is stalking a nice cut of steak in the supermarket. If I was to hunt, it would not be something that was also interested in hunting me. I am thinking more along the lines of a rabbet or something. They are not dangerous, are they?

No, the fella below with the bear is one of my grandfathers (he is the one with the gun). This photo was taken in Alaska during the war (WWII) when they homesteaded there (out in the middle of nowhere). According to my father they were not hunts, but more like encounters. This was not the only one.

Paulsgrandpabear.jpg

Sorry for any misunderstanding, but I was flattered that anyone thought me that heroic.

Cool picture, Bill. :thumb: Your grandfather looks like someone not many people would mess with. Especially when he's sittin' on a grizzly holding a rifle. :D

Now, that's a serious bear! Yikes!

As for rabbits being dangerous, I simply can't resist this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

The end is the best part! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

With this group, I just knew that was coming. I just happened to be in a England back in '75 and some folks my group met took us yanks to see the film. I have seen it many times since. I still hear the "Eeek" sound in my head when I observe someone doing something bold and unexpected.