Thread: Gas and Ike

Gas and Ike

Gas going up in my town and surrounding areas. At 2:30pm i paid $3.91, Son called and said it is up to $6.19 in Jackson Mi.
    Also hope all people in Ike's way get to safe ground.

Bill

It is going up hourly around here. Can we say 'gouging' boys and girls? :soapbox:

And if I am not mistaken the G'ments take dim views of Price Gouging too.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Quote Originally Posted by William Lewis View Post
    Gas going up in my town and surrounding areas. At 2:30pm i paid $3.91, Son called and said it is up to $6.19 in Jackson Mi.

Bill
    Interesting. It went DOWN 10˘ here today. Regular is $3.49.9 at three different local stations, as of about an hour ago, when I filled up the Subie.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Quote Originally Posted by William Lewis View Post

Bill
    Sounds like a little price gouging going on. Just remember who did it and NEVER buy from them again.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

At 3:45pm it was $3.85/gal Will see what it is here tonight. BTW I am in Plainwell Michigan...and at 5:50 it dropped to $3.81/gal and down the road at clark it was $4.08/gal so not to bad yet but still too much
    If it can be Moulded I'll Mould It.
    I am a Profile Knife Grinder, Carbide service, Saw grinder, Moulder Operator in industry

Well, from what I hear it is going up. Gas suppliers are raising prices here at least. One Gas Station was $5.35 and was showing her invoice for $5.30 per gallon (or something like that).

I didn't buy this morning just because I didn't want to stand in line. Assumed it was just busy. Found out about all this and went and filled up this afternoon. $3.85. Station across the street was $4.80 and doing NO BUISINESS. But maybe they just bought gas and were not gouging as everyone thought.

Two weeks and it will go back down.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

I filled up LOML's car tonight at 3.59, up .15 from last night. Some of the stations west of here were up .30 during the day. I filled my van up on the way home last night out that direction at 3.43, and they were 3.69 tonight. Of course all the Hustonians that came up our way are filling up on our gas too.
    Hope all the Family and friends in the Houston/South East Texas area are safe tonight, whether on the road, or at home. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3