Web MD: Family Woodworking Style
Remember a few weeks ago I had that seizure that supposedly pulled the muscles in and around my heart and gave me those heart attack symptoms? Anyway the saga still continues so to speak, as I don't think they diagnosed me right. My chest still hurts some days as I breath, and especially when I take in a lungful of air. I noticed my stamina over the last 3 days has gone down hill and today I was just winded...and not doing anything strenuous. It was in the low 70's, with bright sunshine and a good breeze, so heat or cold was not a factor, and I have been getting good sleep.
The thing is it only bothers me sporadically. You would think that if I pulled a muscle it would hurt constantly. Its really hit or miss. I have ruled out heart burn which kind of leads one to think stress. I don't think I am over-stressed by any means, but I do live an active life.
I did see my Dr and she thought it was stress so she gave me some pills for that and told me to relax for the rest of the day. Since this was a Monday and I had the day off I figured I would be a lot more relaxed if I got my sheep fence finished up, so I did that. That accomplishment was short lived when I realized the sheep fence ran through poison ivy and I got it all over me. Both eyes, nose, and one ear all swollen up, plus my arms and legs and all of my face. So I head back to the emergency room and get pills up the whazoo to deal with itching, the poison ivy (steroids) and pain.
So now I am wondering if maybe its all these pills? I went from having absolutely none, to taking 9 darn pills every morning. Maybe that is what's taking the fire out of me and making me awful winded? I did notice today that my heart seems to be beating a lot faster then it should for the work output I am doing. Maybe some of these pills are speeding up my heart rate?
Then today I thought of another potential culprit. I am a machinist and have been one for a long time and its no surprise that I mill some pretty exotic steels. Mostly stainless steel (316L) but also a lot of aluminum, copper, brass, bronze and some mild steels. Maybe my lungs are filled with heavy metals? I know I have sky high zinc and magnesium levels so maybe it is catching up with me? Zinc and Magnesium generally cause irratibility though and not fatigue.
Anyone want to guess what ails me?
I really don't know, but enzyme test did conclusively rule out a heart attack so I am sure I am not going to die, but at the same time I don't think its a pulled heart muscle either.
I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"