I HATE to paint

Anything!! spent the whole day wire wheeling and priming a set of wagon running gear. It doesn't help I'm a sloppy painter :rolleyes: I would rather date Rosie O'Donnell than paint, Thats how much I hate it!!! :rofl: :rofl:

I actually don't mind painting. (oh, and I'm STRONGLY with Vaughn on the Rosie comment... :bonkers: )

But the problem with painting is that you FIRST need to move furniture. Then wash the walls. Then patch the dings. Then sand them smooth. Then tape around all the trim and baseboards. Then spread out a drop cloth very carefully. Then and only then, can you paint. The painting is fine. It's the prep work!

I actually don't mind painting. (oh, and I'm STRONGLY with Vaughn on the Rosie comment... :bonkers: )

But the problem with painting is that you FIRST need to move furniture. Then wash the walls. Then patch the dings. Then sand them smooth. Then tape around all the trim and baseboards. Then spread out a drop cloth very carefully. Then and only then, can you paint. The painting is fine. It's the prep work!

I will have painted 8 apartments this year by the end of this month. It's so much fun!!!! After you do it like this for 15 years its not so hard any more. I don't need to mask out any more. Today I started painting the mouldings door frames & doors in an apartment.

come on over guys. I got a brush with your names on it brothers.

I have a set of 6 row cultivators that need sand blasted and painted. Your more than welcome to have at it.

I'll even supply the beer and ribs

I'm with Art here. The painting itself is rather relaxing to me (though I'm not all that good at it). I just finished our Bilco doors - 4-5 hours of grinding and sanding:bang: What a mess prep is, and it looks worse than what you start with! The paint at least gives a sense of accomplishment.:rolleyes:

Good luck with the cultivators!

Wes

Anything!! spent the whole day wire wheeling and priming a set of wagon running gear. It doesn't help I'm a sloppy painter :rolleyes: I would rather date Rosie O'Donnell than paint, Thats how much I hate it!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Heck, I'd rather paint than hear Rosie, much less see her.:wave:

I hate the prep work also. I'm in the middle of my "Pink Room" change over, and still dealing with the ceiling and the mud, trying to straighten out all the problems someone else created for me.:( I'll be glad, hear me GLAD when I get to the painting part. :thumb: Jim.

Painting is like a dentist visit.
You dont look foward to it, you dont really want to be doing it when you are doing it, but youre thrilled when its over.
Ive painted enough linear footage of walls and ceilings in my lifetime to probably reach across the Atlantic Ocean. It never ends.

I thank my lucky stars there is a good oldies station out here.

Last edited:
do we get fed before we work or after????:D
I think that he would have the good sense to feed you AFTER the work is done. Otherwise the only movement he might see after the meal would be the rising and falling of your chest as you snored off the big lunch in a lawn chair!:rofl::rofl:

Heck, I'd rather paint than hear Rosie, much less see her.:wave:

I hate the prep work also. I'm in the middle of my "Pink Room" change over, and still dealing with the ceiling and the mud, trying to straighten out all the problems someone else created for me.:( I'll be glad, hear me GLAD when I get to the painting part. :thumb: Jim.
Ditto on Rosie:rofl:

I find the painting part VERY relaxing. The prep? That's another thing altogether. But 90% of the job is prep and is you cheap out on the prep your paint job will bear witness to it.:eek: