Robs Palace Workshop Updated Interior Pictures 3 parts

... Note the weather station in the foreground on the deck. This is a temporary arrangement will be mounted on the shop roof at the rear to get clear wind measurements.
Beautiful shop Rob, I really like the light the windows bring you.

Like you I have the Davis Vantage 2 Pro as my weather station. I 'broadcast' my weather on the Weather Underground. This way I can check my weather from any place, via the Internet. Of course, most times I am too far away to do any thing about major storms hitting my home, but at least I know about them. :D

Thanks Frank, yes the windows were a must have to take advantage of the view as well. I also considered aspects like should I ever sell my house I wanted the shop building to have an ability to be seen as a studio/home office by someone else and not just a shed.

On the weather side again I am waiting now for better times. I plan on putting mine on the web as well and would like to add one of those time elapsed web cameras so as to be able to refer to a picture outside when reviewing past weather. As you can see in the picture, the snow fills the rain bucket and when it melts gets recorded as moisture (rain). I want to get to the point where I upgrade and put a heater in it and know just how much moisture we get from year to year etc. Fascianting stuff to me my own recording of the global climate change.

Frank what made you settle for Davis. For me it was excellent accuracy at a fair price.:thumb:

On the weather side again I am waiting now for better times. I plan on putting mine on the web as well and would like to add one of those time elapsed web cameras so as to be able to refer to a picture outside when reviewing past weather. As you can see in the picture, the snow fills the rain bucket and when it melts gets recorded as moisture (rain). I want to get to the point where I upgrade and put a heater in it and know just how much moisture we get from year to year etc. Fascianting stuff to me my own recording of the global climate change.

Frank what made you settle for Davis. For me it was excellent accuracy at a fair price.:thumb:

I agree about the excellent accuracy at a fair price, I would say that was my reason also. I have the rain collector heater so I get precipitation amounts 'real-time'. Mine is officially a "Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (Fan-Aspirated Radiation Shield / Heated Precipitation Collector)". I also have soil moisture and temperature probes all of which are wireless.

Again, great shop!

great shop rob,, now you got our interst sparked tell us why you had a metal angle iron frame work follow you from africa to canada????? that had to cost a small fortune and you could have remade it here for much less.

Rob,
Your shop looks great! Even still in the "rough" so to speak it must be a dream come true! It looks like it could be a comfortable office or studio as you mentioned - and the view is a bonus. Keep the update coming - you're inspiring me to get my shop in order!

Wes

great shop rob,, now you got our interst sparked tell us why you had a metal angle iron frame work follow you from africa to canada????? that had to cost a small fortune and you could have remade it here for much less.
Larry, the fundamental reason is sentimental. When leaving South Africa, I foolishly sold most of my power tools because they were 220v, little did I realise I could get 220v at home in Canada or USA. So my bench which I salavaged from my own company was a piece of home. We moved with a huge container. One of the things I thought about before immigrating was the aspect of mentally making sure we had home away from home to help with the transistion to a new country. So there was plenty of space going begging. We were not being consolidated with anyone else hence it cost me the same amount full or empty.
I plan on cutting the legs down and taking the vice off and turning it into a nice stable platform for my lather. The junk Busy Bee sold with the lathe is tin. You feel like you are about to take off everytime you start up the lathe.
This monster bench is very heavy and I have 21/2"thick boards on top to add to it.
So now amidst my new tool collection acquired in North America, I have a piece of home, some draws from my grandfather and some hand tools and chisels from my Dad. Call me sentimental I dont mind. I believe ones past governs who you are and I wanted a little of it with me. Like many others I dont think the next generation is going to care for these things but I do.

Hey there Mr. Rob. I finally am reciprocating and reading your shop build. Nice shop!!! How is the canoe coming along? And have you ever gotten your walls painted? About time for an update on this shop thread don't ya think??:huh::D:thumb:

Totally envious here as well.
That is going to be fantastic Rob !
With a neighbor like yours as much as I would like to lower the windows, open the door and turn all my machines on high I would probably be as considerate as you are being. It must be that "Do unto others" that my parents drilled me with when I was a kid.:)

Jonathan, I think Rob needs to post some updated photos. He should have all the unfinished work shown finished by now....right???

YES I think some updates are in order for sure. it should be further along one would think:huh: Is the dust collection in operation or just collection dust:dunno: (HUMMMMmmmm curious minds need to know:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:) NEW PICS PLEASE:D