A Different Kind Done

Robert Rose

I took to long, but it's done. Original thread was a "different kind of pine".
More commonly called Dade County Pine. Think it came out nice, the newly weds love it. Watco Danish Oil (Natural) with 4 coats of Polcrylic to stand up to kitchen use. (factory legs)

Attachments

• HPIM0841.JPG
    HPIM0841.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 74
  • HPIM0842.JPG
    HPIM0842.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 67
That table top weights in at over 80 lbs. Termite resistant and hard as rock. The boards I made that from were over 150 years old and boy did they do a number on my planner blades. Thats ok, I always keep and old dull set around for the rough planning an then put on the good sharp blades to finish. The yellow streaking you you see is very resinous still to this day. The dust from them smelled wonderful but stuck to everything -planner blades, planner rollers, inside the hoses to vacuum, etc. Also gave me practice using a hand plan as sandpaper would clog right up. I'm building some smaller end tables also and maybe using a friends lathe to make my own legs out of the same wood. Thanks for the comments.

taint no pine feller

but i could be converted with some of that!!!! if i remeber right you showed us the start of this under a car port i belive ifun so that is one noce table and that isnty like any pine i have ever seen,, it looks good enough to eat ---on:thumb: seriously now that does look good,, the legs and the top match well and the simpleness to clean is great.. nice work:thumb::thumb: