Including previous pictures

Where is the original pic? If offsite, like with Photobucket, just post the link again...no prob.

I can't remember if the software is set up to "not allow same attached pics to be posted twice", but if you try and can't, just resize slightly, rename and attach/post. I've done it, and it works.

I can't remember if the software is set up to "not allow same attached pics to be posted twice", but if you try and can't, just resize slightly, rename and attach/post. I've done it, and it works.

Yeah, but shouldn't there be a way to reference a previously posted picture so it doesn't have to be uploaded twice - and take up twice as much server space?

Let's try it...

OK, I went to my User CP, Attachments and copied the link to this pic posted in Stu's remodel thread. I pasted the link here, added the {IMG} and [/IMG] code at the beginning and end (use [] instead of {}) and it works... Same pic!:thumb:

But, it posted full size, not a thumbnail...:huh:

Let's see if I understand this one.

Every pic on the server has a unique id. In firefox, if you right click on the pic, and select "copy image location", you can insert it into the new text.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=24124&d=1222199762

or

attachment.php

Thanks,

Bill

Yep, right click on pic, click on the "insert pic" mini icon at the top of the message window (one with the graphics of 2 mountains), paste the address you copied and click OK. Pic should show up like below.

attachment.php
Test Pic

Not the way I was thinking but that of course makes sense. And I feel silly for not thinking of it.

I thought for sure I could just use the code I used to post the original time. But that is not the case. You just get a link to it, not the thumbnail.