Thorncrown Chapel

While there, come on over to the muzzle loading matches at Berryville. Only eleven miles away. Ye might even be able to find us. We are camping, have a big trailer with a wood sign that says "Fusco" on front. Or ask around. Got some brew in the frig for guests.

P.S. Yes, the chapel is unique and a major attraction for our state. The town of Eureka Springs is also very unique. Arty and 'different' folks live there. Lot of interesting shops for the tourists. The old homes are an attraction themselves. The town is often called Little Switzerland of the Ozarks as everything is hanging from a steep hillside.

Thorncrown has been a favorite of mine for many years. Eureka Springs is a jewel as well - my wife and i like to stay at the Crescent Hotel, though it's been several years since we've been down there.
If you like Thorncrown, you may want to drive over to Bella Vista, Arkansas (a bit ove an hour if memory serves) to see another chapel by the same architect (Fay Jones) called Cooper Chapel. It's well worth the trip if you have the time.
Enjoy the trip - congratulations on your anniversary.
Paul Hubbman

While there, come on over to the muzzle loading matches at Berryville. Only eleven miles away. Ye might even be able to find us. We are camping, have a big trailer with a wood sign that says "Fusco" on front. Or ask around. Got some brew in the frig for guests.

11 miles ought to keep you from shooting the windows out Frank. :D Don't know what my wife has planned. I bought a new camera this week, so might have to stop in a take a few shots at ya if you promise not to shoot back. :)

Thorncrown has been a favorite of mine for many years. Eureka Springs is a jewel as well - my wife and i like to stay at the Crescent Hotel, though it's been several years since we've been down there.
If you like Thorncrown, you may want to drive over to Bella Vista, Arkansas (a bit ove an hour if memory serves) to see another chapel by the same architect (Fay Jones) called Cooper Chapel. It's well worth the trip if you have the time.
Enjoy the trip - congratulations on your anniversary.
Paul Hubbman

I think my wife is wanting to do the ghost tour up there. We usually stay at one of the B&B's down the hill, buy the trolley pass and spend a couple of days shopping and eating. We've both taken up working out in the morning so the trolley may not get used as much this go around. Will have to see if my wife is up for the trip over to Bella Vista. Isn't there a Stephenson's Restaurant over that way? or did it close down like the one here in KC?

Anyway, thanks for the ideas and congrats (11 years now).

We are back, didn't see you. But did meet two former e-only friends in person.
Yes, the Crescent Hotel is famous for ghosts. I believe the business model must be the most haunted part since it changes ownership so often. We stayed there once. Definitely a step back in time.
Hope you enjoyed Eureka. We went over for dinner at the catfish restaurant. Town was overrun (literally) with motorcyclists.

Sorry we missed ya Frank. We did drive through Berryville this afternoon on the way to Ava (MO) and looked for ya, but didn't see any signs for the Muzzleloading or any RV parks. We were on a pretty tight schedule...just got back home 30 minutes ago. I took tomorrow off, but the LOML has to work.

The town was way over run by cyclist, but did see some very nice bikes and met some nice folks. We went up for the ghost tour, but wasn't too impressed, especially for the price. We cut out about half way through and stopped in for a drink at the roof top lounge and took in some of the scenery. We did have a great time overall, weather couldn't have been any better.

Went over to Thorncrown, but had a big Closed sign at the entrance. Ran out of time and didn't get back to see if they had opened it later.

The range is a couple miles outside town and the route is not marked. Guess they figure everyone coming knows the way. Bad guess, number of registered shooters and traders was down from previous years. Most were blaming the price of gasoline.
Glad you had a good time and returned home safely despite the chapel being closed.