Thread: Anybody want any NIP?

Question Anybody want any NIP?

I got this e mail from our turning club secretary if anybody wants any please let me know.
    I sent him a e mail asking how much per pound & when he will be in this area I'll keep you guys informed if you want me to.

Chuck

Copy of E-Mail

Subject: HELLO THERE FROM FLORIDA

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE MYSELF .. MY NAME IS PAUL SAINT LAURENT.. I AM A FORMER RHODE ISLANDER, LIVED IN NORTHERN RHODE ISLAND AND WORKED IN THE JEWELRY BUSINESS MOST OF MY LIFE, WHO NOW LIVES IN FLORIDA AND A FELLOW WOODTURNER....ALTHOUGH NEW TO WOODTURNING I HAVE WORKED WITH LATHES AND MACHINERY ALL OF MY LIFE..

I AM ABOUT TO LEAVE FLORIDA FOR RHODE ISLAND DRIVING UP THE COAST AND THOUGHT I MIGHT OFFER TO BRING UP A LOAD OF NORFOLK ISLAND PINE THAT I HAVE HERE.. ITS SPALTED AND READY TO TURN.. MOSTLY LARGE PIECES FOR NICE SIZE TURNINGS.. I FIGURED SOME OF YOU WOOD GUYS MIGHT ENJOY TURNING SOME OF THIS MATERIAL... IT WOULD HELP WITH MY GAS DRIVING UP... I HAVE A FORD EXPEDITION AND COULD FILL IT UP FOR THE MOST PART.. IF YOU ARE INTERESTED LETME KNOW BEFORE I MOVE ONTO OFFERING IT TO MASS OR NEW HAMPSHIRE GUYS...

IF YOU WOULD LIKE I COULD TAKE A PHOTO OF THE MATERIAL... MOSTLY LARGE PIECES NICE FOR LARGE WORK.... BUT I'M SURE YOU KNOW NORFOLK ISLAND PINE ROUGH MATERIAL.... I FIGURE I WILL SELL IT BY THE POUND.. OR IF SOMEONE WANTS TO TAKE THE WHOLE THING THAT WOULD BE BETTER AND SELL IT OR DO WHAT YOU WILL WITH IT... LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS

SINCERELY

PAUL SAINT LAURENT

Hey, would this make his Ford Explorer a "Wood Fueled" truck
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Chuck, I'm interested, but I worry that the shipping cost would be a killer. NIP tends to do best turned in log form, but that'd be tough to fit in a flat rate box. (Even a seasoned expert box-filling mailman would have a hard time with that one.)

Let me know what he wants per pound (once you find out), and I'll see if it'd be economically worthwhile to get some.

Thanks for the heads-up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

OK guys I'll post any & every E-Mail reply from him on the NIP

Well, if he's driving from Fla. to R.I. he's driving right past my house. I don't know how "per pound" would translate into "per chunk"

Besides, given the state of my finances he'd probably only get a few gallons worth of sales from me, but it's worth looking into...

Thanks,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Lantry View Post
    Well, if he's driving from Fla. to R.I. he's driving right past my house...Bill
    Mine too, Maybe he could stop for gas in the Washington, DC area and we could get wood Bill.

Thank goodness the taxpayers subsidize our fuel costs, $0.82/gallon.