Delta/Cresent jointer

James Edwards

hey folks, I have a question... I picked up a long bed 8 incher from a school system in Pa, with cast iron base cabinet. after taking it apart to retigten the screws that worked loose during transport, and to replace some that were missing, I reassmbled it yesterday to find it isn't fitting square oin the base. it can only go onto the base 1 way( 2 bolt slots on 1 end--1 on the other).also the casting seems to not allow the body to lay flat on the base..it's teetering on the bolt slot. didn't notice it while dis-assembling, cuz after the 4 hr trip, everything had worked loose anyway. does anyone know if these bodies laid flat on the cast iron base? :dunno:

I don't know, but since the tool bolts on, I will guess yes, a consistent attachment was the design. Cast iron is softer than your think.

Wild guess number 1 - Put a shim under one corner or another. The effect is similar to aligning side-by-side refrigerator doors by raising or lowering a corner of the cabinet.

I don't know, but since the tool bolts on, I will guess yes, a consistent attachment was the design. Cast iron is softer than your think.

Wild guess number 1 - Put a shim under one corner or another. The effect is similar to aligning side-by-side refrigerator doors by raising or lowering a corner of the cabinet.

Yep - shimming is the tried and true way to adjust the wedge bed jointers. Hope you have someone to help
paulh

Thank You fellows..I shimmed it with washers.. worked great!! :thumb: