TWIN TABLE SAW ROUTER TABLES

Dewayne Baker

A short while back I found a large piece of black phenolic that was destined for the local landfill.
I saved the piece from this terrible fate and turned it in to this.....

routertables00005alt.jpg

routertables00003alt.jpg

There have been times I wish I had two router table to save setup and re setup time. I think this is going to work out great for my availible space and needs. I bought the fence at the woodshows back in April. The fence wouldn't work with my old table without some modifications so this worked out great.

This phenolic seems to be heavier and harder than the stuff they use on the commercial tops. I had to make very shallow passes with the router, and I was using a high quality spiral bit. At one point I was making a lot of smoke and even sparks which started a small fire. You really have to be patient milling this stuff.

recycle pays off!

good grab there dewayne and good use of someones scrap. there are many times that two table would be useful and am in the market for one myslef.just waitng for the right table top

Thanks for the comments friends. The tops are attached to the saw rails with 1 1/2" angle aluminum. I drilled and taped threads into the phenolic and bolted it to the aluminum. The fence can be used on either table and I will plan to buy a second one at next years woodshows.

Nicely done, Dewayne. :thumb: The phenolic was a great find.

I originally had a small router table wing on the right side of my table saw, then later I removed it and installed a bigger one on the left of the blade. I've still got the old smaller table laying around, but I don't use it due to lack of space. Someday when I'm in a bigger shop building (hopefully), I plan to put it back in.