Bandsaw Fence ?

Dan Mosley

I have a 20" Davis-Wells im restoring and a new 14" Central Machine bandsaw. Learning as i go and was wondering if anyone knows where i can buy a good fence for them.
Is it possible to buy one fence that will fit onto both ?
I do mostly blank cutting for my wood lathe but would use it for slicing and turning the blanks rounds also.
Any suggestions on what type or best place to get one that may fit them both?
Thanks.......Dan

For your 14in, you might want to look at the aftermarket fence made by Kreg. It is highly rated, and fits most saws. They usually run around $110-$120.

Unfortunatly I don't have one yet so I can't speak from experience on this product.

Hope this helps.

Dan,

I can recommend the Kreg fence Sean mentioned. I bought one a year or so ago and put it on my Delta 14" and I loved it. Easy to use and easy to set the drift angle. I gave the saw to my Dad when I upgraded to a MM16 (MiniMax 16" bandsaw). You could check the front edge of the table for each of your bandsaws and see if they have the same or similar mounting points. If they are the same then you likely could get away with moving the fence from saw to saw. The track is attached to the front edge of the table with a couple bolts (as I recall) so it would take a little effort to move it back and forth.

Regards,

Check your table depths and see if they are the same. I want to put an old Unisaw fence on my American 30" but the table is 1" wider than the the Unisaw is. That leave me without a lot of good cheap options. But I have considered just taking an extra Unisaw fence I have and extending one to fit.

Check your table depths and see if they are the same. I want to put an old Unisaw fence on my American 30" but the table is 1" wider than the the Unisaw is. That leave me without a lot of good cheap options. But I have considered just taking an extra Unisaw fence I have and extending one to fit.

Jeff,

If you were able to put that Unisaw fence on your 30in bandsaw, how would you adjust it for drift? I am trying to picture an adjustment that would work, but its just not coming to me.....:huh: Then again, drift is more of a problem with smaller saws and smaller blades than what you would use on a 30in monster.....right?