What is it?

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, So here's something I put together. Little piece of scrap metal, chunk of firewood and about 5 minutes on the lathe.

It's ugly, but it does it's job wonderfully.

Any ideas on what it's used for?

whatisit.jpg

Looks like a bottle opener to me...:dunno:

Even if it's not, I will have one that looks like this very soon. thanks for the idea!

I more for a tool to do some sort of shaping work (beading?). The white part looks like a UMH cushion to hit with a hammer. Thing is that this would be awfully free form where a beading plane would make more sense. So, what, exactly it is for, I haven't a clue.

unhuh!

yu guys r off base, if you look at the pic closer of his dog you can see its real use,, it either helps to pull out bad teeth as the photo shows his dog has a gap on the one side where the lips folds in.. or to sharpen the ones he does have:rofl:

Here's a hint.

I use it with my dog .... :eek:

Hmm, well I see several folks around my house who use a stick with a cup on the end of it for throwing balls FAR for the dog to chase/retrieve. However, those are usually about 24" long or so. Yours looks too fat at the base for comfortably using like that. Not to mention the missing cup.

And it ain't big enough for a pooper-scooper either.

Dog's back scratcher? :huh:

Dummy Launcher Accessory tool

Just got back from using it on my dog.

She's a bit of a high strung little 10 month old labrador retriever.

She gets a nice long walk in the mornings with me, and then around noon everyday we work on her retrieving skills using a hand held dummy launcher.

It uses .22 blanks to shoot a retrieving dummy up to a 150 yards away.

It can be tricky to get the shells out of the launcher sometimes, and of course, I need someway to carry the blanks around.

So the tool? It's got a pill bottle with cap in the handle and the little forked thing is used to pry the shells out of the launcher! :D

Ahh the stupid things I can do sometimes with a chunk of wood and the lathe.... :rofl:

whatisit_2.jpg

Aw man..."retriever dummy launcher ammo storage and spent blank casing puller-outer device" was gonna be my next guess. Honest. Really. True story.

:rofl:

Out of curiosity, how loud is the bang from one of those launchers?

Not too bad.

Not like a lady-finger firecracker, but maybe a normal firecracker.

Not as loud as an M80.

I should probably wear ear protection with it, but I usually don't.

It does make that dummy fly ...

I ain't buyin' that DOG story at all, 'cause I KNOW it's for cleaning the Grill after Cookin' steaks, burgers 'n such.:rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl: ('Course, maybe you wuz cookin' them burgers for tha DOG).:D

Hmm, Version 1.0 of it was just a handle with the metal thingy. It would work great for cleaning the grill!

Just have to go fish it out of the trash.

Version 1.5 I duct taped a pill bottle on the end to hold the shells.

I guess this one would have to be version 2.0!