Barkless/Burned Black Cherry NE

Mark Cothren

15-1/2" x 10-1/2" x 7-1/2"

Some large, wavy curl you can see some of in the last picture - a nice surprise.

All comments are welcomed.

NoBarkCherryNE01.jpg

NoBarkCherryNE02.jpg

NoBarkCherryNE03.jpg

Wow, you turn cherry, too? Here all this time I thought you were strictly a walnut kind of guy.:rofl:

Great bowl, Mark. Big ol' wings on it for sure.

Gotta tell ya that that's where I want to be. The absence of bark doesn't matter a bit. Great job Mark!!!

Last edited:
Man, that is special!

I love the burnt rim and those tall ends really accentuate the overall form. Great job on the thickness, too. I think the proportions are wonderful...at least to my eye.

BTW, your pictures really display your pieces well. I'd love to know your exact set-up...camera type and settings, lighting arrangement, background, etc.

Cody, I use what I know a few other guys are using... a 30" photo cube, a graduated background, and a couple of soft craft lights - one from the side and one from the top. My camera is a Kodak Z650. The whole setup is nothing very high-tech, for sure.

Mark - you sure have become a master of this style of bowl! Beautiful form, wood and photos! Curl is always nice to find in any wood! Very nice work Mark! Thanks for sharing!