Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin thread locked

Sarah Palin thread locked

Folks,
    the Sarah Palin thread has been locked due to the political overtones. Bill, Nancy & I agree that it has gone beyond the Coc and is under review in the moderator forum.
    -Ned

I thought this notice was supposed to be posted in the original thread, were the action was taken... As it is now, members will go to the original post and find the thread lock.."for no reason"...

Last edited by Greg Cook; 10-04-2008 at 06:33 AM.

Hey, I'm typing as fast as I can. There's a notice over there now. Ned had to get to bed. (Heaven knows he needs his beauty rest. Me, on the other hand...no amount of rest could fix.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Just delete it. No big deal, I can go back to being in love with Tiffany Amber Thieseen easy enough.

PS: No political overtones were meant. I just thought she is very pretty.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

I dunno 'bout that decision. Calling it political seems a gigantic stretch IMHO.
    BTW, when I married, I promised to be faithful, not blind. I like looking at attractive women. And do.

It's impossible to talk about Sara Palin without political overtones. At least until after Nov 4.

Same is true for the other major candidates.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike Henderson; 10-04-2008 at 03:43 PM.
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    I dunno 'bout that decision. Calling it political seems a gigantic stretch IMHO.
    BTW, when I married, I promised to be faithful, not blind. I like looking at attractive women. And do.
    Frank, there were comments -- now deleted by their posters or at their request -- that did step into the political vein. They were posted with humorous intent, but they were still a bit outside the lines we've established.

Anything, even a joke, that makes one candidate look better than another can be interpreted as political, and has the potential of escalating into a more heated argument (or counter-jokes).

There are lots of places on the Internet to share Obama or Palin or McCain or Biden jokes...here, we really just don't want the potential problems that come with them.

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Frank, there were comments -- now deleted by their posters or at their request -- that did step into the political vein. They were posted with humorous intent, but they were still a bit outside the lines we've established.

Anything, even a joke, that makes one candidate look better than another can be interpreted as political, and has the potential of escalating into a more heated argument (or counter-jokes).

There are lots of places on the Internet to share Obama or Palin or McCain or Biden jokes...here, we really just don't want the potential problems that come with them.
    OK, can't debate something I didn't see. Accept decision on faith in mods.

Thanks, Vaughn
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 10-05-2008 at 04:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Cook View Post
    Still can't see a notice at the bottom of the original thread...

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ad.php?t=11133
    You were the only member who brought up the question in nearly 24 hours, but I posted a notice for you. There is no specific set of steps in the CoC or Moderator Guidelines for locking a thread, so there is no specific requirement for a notice to be posted.

BTW, there was a notice, as described in the Mod Guidelines, posted as a placeholder when the offending post was removed for editing. (Nothing in the rules about posting to the end of the thread.) That notice was deleted when the OP requested his entire post to be removed.

workingwoods.com