Flared Birch Bowl

Spalted white birch bowl with a slightly flared opening. Please notice a band of curl in the 1st and 4th photos that actually seems to radiate light!

Bowl is 7 ¾” diameter x 3” high with 3 coats of Minwax Wipe-On Gloss Poly.

Flared Birch V1.JPG Flared Birch V2.JPG Flared Birch V3.JPG Flared Birch V4.JPG

All comments, critiques or opinions are welcome!

Thanks for looking! :wave:

Hi Steve :wave:,
I have been looking at these pictures on and off and know how you appreciate straight forward dialogue.

For some reason the outside curve of the bowl bothers me ever so slightly.

It is hard to explain, because the beauty of the wood and what you have made from it is so very nice.

You basically have an ogee curve. Starting at the bottom coming up from the foot, I am seeing a lovely outside curve and then it happens. Something is occuring starting at the transition from outside curve to inside curve. Mind you this is just my opinion and until you can see it, if you ever do, don't loose sleep over it:type:. :D
It looks to me as if the nice line of the outside curve got confused and was not sure where to go or what to do next.:huh::D
Beyond that the contour seems to "just heads outward with an inside curve that is unsure of itself."

I may be seeing something that is not there but then I have been accused of that before, in different circumstances.:rolleyes::rofl:

Take care and keep turning!
I like where you are going!
Shaz :)