Thread: General Question

General Question

Hi Guys,
    Some time back I saw a table someone made and it had a sliding dovetail in the middle of the breadboard end. Does anyone know who made that table? Thank You for your help, Joe

cant remebr the name, but if it is the one i thinkit is it had apiece attached in the midle of the bread board and then two more on each end. the middle was pinned and the ends moved,, they had a similar setup in FWW magazine latly.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Table Top

Hi Guys,
    You were right, it was the one that Edward Alexander made. My Son is getting married in several days and he has me building a house full of furniture for them. I am ready to make the top for the Shaker farm table and I want to use that feature of the dovetails. She likes modern & arts & crafts, she brings a picture of a piece of furniture that is really artsy and that is what she wants. When she gets the furniture it is always an antique reproduction. I tell her that my saws just automatically make the fancy curves of the Ogee bracket feet & that stuff. Like a horse I had when I was a kid, no matter where we went when it was time to head for the barn I could let him go and he always got me home. Well Thank You so much for your help, I need to start that table top, Joe

Hey Joe, if you get the time how about some pictures? I know I would be interested in seeing what you are doing and I am sure I would not be the only one.

Pictures

Hi Bill,
    Thank you so much for your interest I will get some pictures soon. Everyone on the forum is really great and I usually check in every couple of days to see what everyone is doing but rarely have any questions or comments. It is kind of like checking in with the masters of woodworking. I learn a lot from each visit. Thanks again, Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph J. Ice View Post
    Hi Bill,
    Thank you so much for your interest I will get some pictures soon. Everyone on the forum is really great and I usually check in every couple of days to see what everyone is doing but rarely have any questions or comments. It is kind of like checking in with the masters of woodworking. I learn a lot from each visit. Thanks again, Joe
    whoo ther pardener,, your visits and ideas and questions are always welcome and dont think that they are all master i sure aint and yes theyre some who are in my book but you can never tell when your wit ot wisdom can help another.. so join in and be on of us tryin to get better at this woodworkin thing.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Friendship

Thank You Larry, you are so kind, it always gives a person a warm feeling when we meet a good person like yourself. Thanks again, Joe