Corn dogs!!!

Robert, I had a dog once who did NOT like corn. I make a casserole with hamburger and corn and all sorts of other stuff in it, and sometimes when we had just a little bit of leftovers, I'd give it to the dogs. The shepherd who didn't like corn would vacuum up every bit of the leftovers, except the corn, which she left in a pile in the corner!! The other one ate radishes and pickles!!!

Goofy dogs, indeed.

Thats funny! Yeah, crack the core on a head of lettuce around here and dogs fly to the kitchen. Our two especially love lettuce. The two older ones we lost this summer loved it too. Makes no sense to me.
They also eat fruits. Funny to watch them with grapes. They don't quite know how to get them started. Jim.

The dogs are always good for a laugh.

Thats some of my field corn, I pick a few ears by hand today just to see how they looked. They where pretty insistent that I let them have it. They didn't eat it all. must have been to much work :rofl:

Nancy, My two are regular garbage disposals. If it ain't moving it ain't safe

My Daughter's dog will eat ANYTHING Except Cucumbers, Grapes or Radishes. The last four dogs we had loved to eat the Pecans from our tree, except that the last one wanted me to Shell them for him. (he was a Lazy SPOILED Rottweiler).:rolleyes: The Dobermans however, loved to beat me to the pecans as I was about to pick them up and run off with them and crunch away.:D I think Dogs must have become more domesticated in the last 50 or 60 years, because when I was a youngster, I never had a dog or knew of one that would eat vegetables or salad, just meat, gravy and bread or potatoes (if they had gravy on them).

Last edited:
I think Dogs must have become more domesticated in the last 50 or 60 years, because when I was a youngster, I never had a dog or knew of one that would eat vegetables or salad, just meat, gravy and bread or potatoes (if they had gravy on them).

Domesticated dogs have developed sophisticated palates....and have become spoiled!!