horseless carriage

David Graham

This was a project I started to get my two shop partners a little more exercise. (And it turns out me):doh:. I know nothing about wagons or horses and all I had to go on were a few pictures. This is based on a meadowbrook pony cart. I had to rebuild it several times until I got the dimensions right. My partners love pulling it. The kids in the neighborhood can’t weight for them to come out in the evening. It is made of red oak has a double tree for the evener so they pull equal. The cart is balanced so that with 150 pounds in the seat there is only 1 pound on the shafts at the animals back.

Attachments

• Nancy and dogs.JPG
    Nancy and dogs.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 73
very clever woulda never thought that the weight would have been that light,, have ridden in a horse version and raced apony version when i was younger nice job and great idea:thumb:

That's an Awesome piece of woodworking! :thumb:

When I had two black labs, I used to hook them up to my bike with something called a springer.

psiSpringerNEW.JPG

It attaches to the seat post of your bike. I had two of them so I would have one dog on each side.

Taking both dogs out was like a frightening roman chariot ride. No pedaling required, the dogs would get me up to around 20 mph! :eek:

I had them trained so I could say 'Right' or 'Left' so we could make turns.

I'm guessing your guys must be a little more well socialized and behaved than my unruly duo. :D

That's an Awesome piece of woodworking! :thumb:

When I had two black labs, I used to hook them up to my bike with something called a springer.

View attachment 24433

It attaches to the seat post of your bike. I had two of them so I would have one dog on each side.

Taking both dogs out was like a frightening roman chariot ride. No pedaling required, the dogs would get me up to around 20 mph! :eek:

I had them trained so I could say 'Right' or 'Left' so we could make turns.

I'm guessing your guys must be a little more well socialized and behaved than my unruly duo. :D
now that would put me in the ditch brent if i had seen it while driving down the road,, bet it made for some easy training and exercize for them.