Thread: Menu Glitch

Menu Glitch

Dunno what's going on, but the main menu pulldowns aren't working: if I click on "Search" or "Quick Links", the menu flashes up and then the whole screen flickers and it goes away. And now I'm getting odd flickering whenever I mouse over an edit control in this screen. It almost looks like, when a control/menu/whatever is refreshing, the whole screen redraws instead.

I've tried opening another copy of the site in another tab, same symptoms. And I've got SMC running in another tab, no problem, so it doesn't seem to be a vBulletin issue.
    Where are we going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?

I've not seen that behavior, Lee. What happens if you close the tab/window with SMC running? We're looking into some other issues related to bandwidth and SMC, so I wonder if this might be another manifestation.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I'm logged out of SMC, still same symptoms. Let's see...
    Tried bringing up FWW in a separate IE session window, same symptoms.

I haven't rebooted this laptop in a couple of weeks, so who knows. But it just started this morning and everything else looks ok.

Ok, I shut down IE completely and restarted it...seems ok now. Cached scripts making multiple tabs for the same site (mis)behave the same way? Too weird...

(Do PHP scripts run server-side or browser-side? I've seen odd things from JavaScript but those usually are confined to a single instance/tab.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    (Do PHP scripts run server-side or browser-side? I've seen odd things from JavaScript but those usually are confined to a single instance/tab.)
    PHP runs server side, who knows when the gremlins will startup...but glad you got the problem fixed.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault