Well it wasn't all bad, but this walnut box is destined for particulate matter. Everything was going well until my turning A.D.D. (from making 15 minute pens) got the best of me. The lid was dry fitted and was a bit tight and cock-eyed. It wouldn't come off so I gave it a mallet adjustment and did some touch-up finish work but no real sanding. The lid was happy where it was so a screwdriver was added. I think I took off about 1/100 to much when I touched up the receiver on the box. The tenon is still in place in the pic's. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, I used all of them. Have at it.