After effects

Jim Burr

Since my box didn't go as well as planned, anger forced me into a bowl type thing. Steve Schlumph gave me inspiration for the shape. It's Canary wood found on eBay, 5.25w x 1.75h and about .25 thick. I told LOML that it's an M&M holder. In the absence of a real finishing system (this to shall pass) it's finished in beeswax at 3200 rpm.
Let me know what ya think and thanks for the support, ideas and results. I must say that this group pushes me to things that are lots of fun and stretch's my thoughts and abilites. Again...Mucho Gras

Attachments

• Wood 043.jpg
    Wood 043.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Wood 044.jpg
    Wood 044.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 42
  • Wood 045.jpg
    Wood 045.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 43
That one came out nicely, Jim. :thumb: I've only turned one piece of canarywood (a bottle stopper), but it sure is some pretty stuff.

Good looking bowl Jim! I would think if you used it for M&Ms that the Beeswax finish would hold up just fine! Guess the important questions is - How does your wife like it? Nice work! Keep turning - it just keeps getting funner!

Nice M&M holder!! I have an M&M holder too, she has enamel ivory around the opening!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm gonna be killed for that one. I did do a canary wood HF a while back when my lathe was in the apartment we had. canary wood was banned afterward because it stanked up the house. My mom bowlknapped it after a visit.

Nice M&M holder!! I have an M&M holder too, she has enamel ivory around the opening!!:rofl::rofl::rofl: I'm gonna be killed for that one. I did do a canary wood HF a while back when my lathe was in the apartment we had. canary wood was banned afterward because it stanked up the house. My mom bowlknapped it after a visit.

HAHA honey you make me laugh NOT!!!

Brian, if it was worth a nickel you could sell it for bail. After some proding...my biological M&M holder was happy with the box, finished in
Mylands at 3200. And since I felt like an M&M eater...I did a stopper for giggles, Amboyna burl and ebony. The stopper looks nice, but it lacks heft. I think someone makes the cone shape in gold. Enjoy and talk it up :type:

Attachments

• Wood 046.jpg
    Wood 046.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Wood 047.jpg
    Wood 047.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Wood.jpg
    Wood.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
the box turned out great!! We've done a few bottle stoppers sold this olive wood and ebony a few months ago.

Attachments

• S6300748.JPG
    S6300748.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 24
Jim, I'm glad you listened to the folks urging you to finish the box. It came out looking great. Just tell people you planned it that way. One of the beauties of woodturning it that in most cases, all dimensions and proportions are strictly optional. As long as the outside is bigger than the inside, it's all good. :D