Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here like watching the dog shows?

Anyone here like watching the dog shows?

The LOML & I really enjoy seeing all the different breeds of dogs & listening to the comments about them. We are watching the dog show in Houston right now.

I have pretty much picked out the next breed of dog I want either the Cardigan Welsh Corgi or the Pembroke Welsh Corgi I like the size & what I read about their temperament.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

My big dog does. He gets impatient when the commercials come on. But my healer couldn't care less. She likes the cat shows. I just have to read or something until the show is over.
    Thanks, Mark.

Custom Bonehead.

My diet is working good. I'm down to needing just one chair now.

"Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!" --George Carlin

I do enjoy the movie 'Best in Show'.

Some of my dogs (labrador retrievers) have really enjoyed watching tv shows that showed dogs hunting ducks. Go figure?

I've been a hardcore lab owner for quite a while, but have recently started to entertain the idea of other breeds.

Especially since we recently became cat owners. (Previously, not cat people). On a camping trip, I heard a little 'meow' from a dumpster at a boat ramp. Once I opened the dumpster, well, I couldn't condemn the little guy to die, so he came home with us. His only problem is that he's a cat that thinks he's a labrador retriever.... We treated him the same way we treat our dogs.

Want proof? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggzk5ZRM6rg Here he is taking on my little yellow lab pup. Tough Kitty....

Guess I got a little off topic. Yes, I like the dog shows, and I am thinking about getting something other than a lab for my next dog, but for some reason, I think it will be rescue type of dog. I can't handly puppies anymore
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Brent, that video's too cool. They both look like they're having a great time. The video is definitely on the "show it to LOML" list. She'll love it.

I'm a rescue dog fan.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Brent,
    That's one tough kitty she got your Lab in a headlock & went for the pin.

I also am a rescue dog lover. We had Panda a Chow / collie mix she was all black & when she snarled all you saw was her pearly whites she looked like Cerebus. We had her 17 yrs until she died.

Now we got Lexy a Shepard/Lab mix we've had her for 3 yrs & now Diamond another Shepard/Lab. I like the fact that mix breeds have better temperment & less health issues then pure breeds.

Yes, we watch the one called It's me or the Dog, Learn some things about training. Our Yorkie had pups this past July and its a riot watching them. We also saw the new show that was on called Greatest American Dog. A Boxer won. We had our Yorkie for a while now, had larger Dogs in past, will only have small dogs now, lower up keep, easier to maintain or take with.

Bill

I do sometimes.

If I come across a dog show while channel surfing I often stop and watch. I really enjoy seeing all the various breeds in the different categories. The best part is the commentary about how the breed was developed and the history. Sometimes you even get to see the dogs at home in a more normal environment.

Brent-thanks very much for that great video. That is one lucky cat ! You have no idea how much I needed a good chuckle at this very moment. Your dog seems to be having a good time too
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

Oh yeah, those 2 go at it all the time. I see this little show go on several times a day. It always cracks me up...
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

I am not a dog person. No one in my family is a dog person. Infact my wife is really afraid of dogs (she was once bitten by a dog). But, I do enjoy watching dog shows and wild life shows every once in a while.

"Best in Show" is one of my favorite movies.

Brent, that youtube video was just too cute.

We do a couple times a year. Kinda fun and interesting. We ridicule some of the handlers trying to run and maintain dignity at the same time. Whatever, it is a refreshing break from Law and Order reruns.