Bullet Dogs

glenn bradley

I know a few of us took advantage of Lee Valley's few 'days-o-free-shipping' to stock up on those things we just can't afford to order separately. Along with a few other little things I took them up on the bag of 100 1/4" bullet catches without strikes for $6 or whatever it was.

I figured I could use them for something and then recalled someone posting about using them on shop made dogs. Oooooooh, variable height dogs . . . Cool idea, although not mine.

Attachments

• Bullet-Dogs.jpg
    Bullet-Dogs.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 166
how thick

is your bench glen? it looks like youmade it outa particle baord then coverd with masonite.. is that correct,, i need to get some dog holes and i have 1.5 of particle board with laminate top, but dont know if that will work for dogs..thanks fer the help here

Its four laminated pieces of 3/4" MDF so 3" thickness. It is setup to easily modify for a Masonite top but it has been just over a year and the BLO'd and waxed MDF has held up to everything I've done to it so far.

I was concerned about the MDF taking dogs but received many posts about years of service from MDF with round dog holes so I went ahead. Very pleased (surprised) at the way it has worked out. No signs of failure and I have used them "thoroughly" :thumb:.