Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SawStop Delivered.

SawStop Delivered.

Well, after 3 years of waiting and planning, it is here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2939.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	24599

My wife and I have committed to no debt so it took me a while to get here.

I purchased my saw from the local Woodcraft store. They have a new owner who is really trying to improve the store so I do not mind supporting him. Oh yes, the store is moving with in 1/2 mile of my house.

So I purchased a standard setup. 3HP - 52" - T-Glide Industrial - Cabinet saw. I did get the newer SawStop mobile base. Very expensive, but like the rest of the saw very good and over engineered.

I paid to have the saw delievered to my garage. They would not deliever to my basement.

Name:	IMG_2940.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	24600 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2941.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	24601

They bring this on a pickup truck with using ramps and a furniture mover hand truck.

It is very well packaged.

I did move everything to the basement to check it out and of course I had to get a look at the new stuff.

Name:	IMG_2952.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	24607 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2950.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	24606 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2953.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	24602

Next, I will post the moving party. I think it will be pretty easy. 3 guys and an appliance mover hand truck..

Also, I have to sell the old saw. link Someone is going to get a very good deal. This will have to go to a local purchaser ( Atlanta Metro ). It's kinda of sad letting this go. I put a lot of hours ( and enjoyment ) into that base. It has been an excellent setup. It does have it problems and it's time to move on.

Then I am ready to start installing... I have 10g running from panel to wall plug, so I figured why not 10g to saw.

Name:	IMG_2954.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	128.5 KB 
ID:	24603 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2956.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	24604

Oh yea, did I mention I decided to go for the Jess-em slider.. I really hate to have to cut those beautiful rails, but I think this will be an execellent setup. I am seeing the Jess-em slider in several of the magazine articles when the TS gets shown in pictures.

Name:	IMG_2957.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	24605

Most all of the pictures are posted, but here is the link to the album.

cool, congrats on the new toy bartee!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Proud day for you. Keep us up to date when you get completely set-up. And, please, do not report that it's safety feature worked for you.

With the attention to detail you had on the cabinet for your old saw, I can only imagine what you can do with this new one!

Congrats!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Congrats, Bartee. That'll make a nice centerpiece to your shop. If I had my choice of cabinet saws, that's what I'd be looking at. (LOML would be all for the idea, too. She loves the hot dog saw.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Bartee, I'd hate to cut the rails also. Can you move them to the right? It would give you extra extension to the right of the blade IF you have the room for it. You'd have to build a new, or add on to the existing extension table, but it would be a win/win situation that way, and it could always be reconfigured back to the original set up if desired. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Dang, Bartee! That's one heck of a step up! Vile Envy didn't actually enter my soul, but it's chomping pretty hard around the edges!

I promise you, the minute you cut the rails, you'll figure out a way to set things up so you didn't have to cut them! Don't ask me how I know!

Anyway, can't wait to see how you'll get it to the basement, and I'm looking forward to seeing the setup! Congrats!

Thanks,

Bill

theres just something!

about an agua vella man oops wrong story the fresh clean smell of a new tool settin in your shop and for some reason the tablesaws always seem to reign as king of the shop... nice saw and i would cringe on cuttin the rails? will that infringe on your warranty???might want to ask that bartee before the sawsall comes into play?????
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Can you move the rails over to the right? It might involve drilling a few new holes in the angle irons, but it'd be better than having to cut them. I've done that to a Biesemeier, and also to a Shop Fox Biese clone, and all I had to do was put on a new measuring tape and enjoy the additional rip capacity.

Doing that will diminish/eliminate using the fence to the left of the blade though. That's never really been a problem for me, but YMMV.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

As an addendum to Jim D's and my posts, (I forgot about not using the left CI extension with a slider), mount that on the right and you might not need to redo the extension table. Might not have to drill many if any holes either if the mounting holes are uniform distance apart. They could match up at close to the right place. I'd rather notch the angle iron for the miter slot if needed. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3