"Last Supper" needed a frame.

Since I was using lacquer, I merely added some tint to the clear lacquer and went beyond that point of getting back.

adding zip to the corners.jpg

Was it a mistake?
Was this move a :doh::( ,
or was it a :thumb: :D?
:huh:
Shaz :)

Hi :wave: and Thank you Vaughn, Brent, Art and Rennie,
I appreciate your input.
Here is the finished piece. "Just the way uh huh uh huh we like it":rofl:.

adding zip to the corners (1).jpg

adding zip to the corners (2).jpg

adding zip to the corners (3).jpg

corners add life.jpg

corners add life (2).jpg

Decided to use my old stand by, feet, rather than hanging it. Hope you have enjoyed the process.

Found out after delivery:thumb: corners seem to be the same color as the upholstery on the church pews!:eek: Divine intervention occurs even for the unsuspecting I believe.:D

Hi Allen :wave:,
Thanks, but let me digress, just having visited your thread on the rocker and the adirondack chair, I can say it was very pleasing to see your work. It has been a while since I have been out visiting but I saw your post and found such a pleasant surprise. Good work Allen :thumb:, then over to Vaughn's honey locust hollow form! That is a fine piece of round wood!
We have some very fine artisans here sharing...So much to learn... so little time.

well shaz

even witout my help you dun good:):thumb: the tinting definatly helped the over all look.. that pecan is pretty stuff,, its hard too isnt it? the trim piece you applied later did that cover up the ply wood neatly then.. or was the posts still protruding from the back???

even witout my help you dun good:):thumb: the tinting definatly helped the over all look.. that pecan is pretty stuff,, its hard too isnt it? the trim piece you applied later did that cover up the ply wood neatly then.. or was the posts still protruding from the back???
Thank you Larry :wave:,
I called and I called but when you didn't answer, I had to push on. Glad you liked it. Oh by the way, I do intend to call some evening!:D
Collect?:doh::rofl:. No:rofl:, on my cell phone........:thumb:

The Pecan is hard even in this spalted state, and as far as the trim pieces, they just covered the plywood edge (flush to the back)and a bit of the solid stock corners and connecting strips. Good question!.... To cover the posts and the plywood back I would have added a cloth back, stapled on, covering the whole back, protruding posts (about 5/8" beyond the back of the plywood) and the plywood too.
Looks really good.
Thanks Al :wave:. Ideas for the future, that's all. May be of use to someone here.:dunno: