Couple of Pieces

Cody Colston

Spalted Elm Hollow Form, 3 1/2" x 6 3/4", buffed Danish Oil finish. This is some of that "schoolteacher" wood I harvested recently.

Redbud endgrain bowl, 5 1/4" x 10 1/4", buffed Danish oil finish.

Attachments

• Spalted Elm HF.jpg
    Spalted Elm HF.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Spalted Elm HF2.jpg
    Spalted Elm HF2.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 30
  • RedbudBowl.jpg
    RedbudBowl.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Redbudbowl2.jpg
    Redbudbowl2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Now thats purty!

to bad its round could make some fine flat stuff with cody:) turned out very nicely,, the end grain witht eh spalt and the differnt type fer the lid.. goes well together in m y eyes.

Nicely done on both pieces, Cody. :thumb: In most cases, I'm not a big fan of the sharp shoulders on hollow forms, but you still executed it very well. :clap: The bowl looks great, too. Nothing I'd change.

Thanks for the comments, y'all. As always, they are very much appreciated.

I'm doing my first show this coming Saturday and Sunday. I've been planning it for months and I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Y'all wish me luck!

....and I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Y'all wish me luck!

Now that's nervous...:D

Cody, great looking pieces and good luck with the show. :thumb: Make sure to report back with your news of huge sales!! (or bad sales too, we'll keep ya in good spirits!):)

No luck needed with the quality of turnings you do. I am really liking HF pieces especially made with anyting spalted and yours is no exception. Very nice. Have fun at your first show, sell lots!

Tom