My Mission Bed

Aaron Beaver

Here is a bed I finished, you may remember the original thread, I just never posted any finished results.

Here some pics of my finished Queen size Mission Bed. This is my first piece of furniture and the largest piece that I have done. Was interesting maneuvering some of those long pieces around the basement shop but it worked out. Just glad most my tools are on wheels.

This first one is of the footboard

This second one is the headboard

This just a pic of the side rail and slats

This is a shot of one of the corners

Blow up of the corner

Thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job Aaron :thumb:. I remember your original post and was courious on the final product. Really came out well. I just purchased the plans for the same frame as few weeks ago and some year plan to build. nice to know someone here who has built one for my many up comming questions :p

Tom

Already comming up with questions. I was going to ask how you handled the corner posts. Then...........I get sorta smart and go thru your older posts and you have already gone thru that :D pays to backtrack some times, so thanks for your older posts also :thumb:

Tom

That came out looking great, Aaron. I took the liberty of adding a link in your post above to help folks find your original thread. ;)

Hey Aaron, that looks great, and honestly, I'm not a big "Mission" fan, but that certainly is VERY nice.

Bed Bolts, nice and solid! :thumb:

Yeah Stu, I went around & around with how to connect the side rails. I really wanted a bed bolt since it could be tightened up over time if needed, BUT I didn't want to use bolt covers on this type of bed. So I finally found some hidden bed bolt hardware that I used and it worked great, pulled everything up nice and tight.