Had a Family Visiter.......

Stuart Ablett

I had a Family Woodworking visitor today and a fellow Canuck to boot :thumb:

Peter Rideout from Nova Scotia came by, he is here on business.

A while back, he was in town, but our schedules just would not match up, this time they did (I was not going anywhere :rolleyes: )

Peter gave me a great excuse to get down to the Dungeon :headbang: I cleaned up a bit and showed off my workshop.

Peter and his wife are restoring an 1840's farm house and buildings, so we had a LOT to chat about.

I know you are a busy guy Peter, but I'd sure like to see some pictures of your house and your workshop, when you have time.

And just to keep the picture police happy........

peter_stu.JPG
I'm the good looking guy with the Crutch :D

Peter, next time you are in town, maybe we can get out to a Joyful Honda or something.

Thanks for the visit.

Cheers!

Very cool. It's good you had a visitor to break up your day and give you something to do other than sitting on the couch eating bon-bons and watching soap operas. :p

Peter's a lucky guy...one of the few here to get a Dungeon tour. :thumb:

Way Cool, but who's that "Skinny" guy in the gold T shirt.:huh::dunno: If that's Still You, Stu, then maybe you just haven't been Eatin' enough to keep them Ankle Bones Fed & Healthy.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Glad you guys had a nice visit and you got to break the Monotony for a little while at least.:thumb: That Healing and Recuperation time is always the Pitts.:(

No Bon-bons or Soap Operas here :D

I've actually lost near 10 pounds (4.5 Kg) sitting all day, and my wife make sure there is no junk food, snacks around the house, only good stuff to eat, and my kids, the little darlings, are with the program too:rolleyes:

Should write a book........

"The Broken Leg Diet"

I bet it would sell millions :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:eek:

Hi Stuart
I really enjoyed our visit as well, and getting there was a snap with your excellent directions (in a town without street names, in which I am functionally illiterate).
I'm glad it finally worked out.
It was great to see the dungeon, truly a study in effecient use of space from which we can all take a lesson. Thanks for the gift too, and the little sharpening lesson thereon. I will keep it in a place of honour and use it with a thought to the Japanese craftsmen whose hands it lived in before.

I'll post some "as is" pics of the shop and house projects when I get home. It'll be a good incentive to keep those jobs moving along!

Thanks again. See you next time.
Peter

Great timing for a visit as you were at least somewhat slowed down to where he could catch you at home. Thanks for the post.

Very cool Peter and Stu. Glad you got to see the dungeon and Stu, same for you! Hope you can get back in there soon to make some dust or curlies. :wave:

Hey Peter, I'll look forward to the pics of your shop and house :thumb:

I used the ladder, I'd not wish to damage my hoist, it costs money :D

Getting down was easy, just sit down, and use my good leg and my large bottom to get down, getting up was a bit more work, I finally worked it out, use my good leg, and my knee on my bad leg, worked fine.

Who knows, I might actually get down to the Dungeon a couple more times :D

Cheers!

Cool !

Glad to hear you were able to get a break from the monotony with a Family visit. Sounds like you both had a good time. Now that you figured out how to ease in and out of the Dungeon I imagine the lathe won't be so lonely:thumb:.

And just so you are not in this alone, I managed to crack a bone in my right big toe by dropping a very large piece of wood on it Sunday. Nothing major fortunately-no cast, just a stiff shoe. Annoying though. I am able to stand at the lathe though:D

Test photo

Hello Stu, and everyone
I'm back home. Still don't know what day it is!

Here's a test photo of my shop, as found on my return (pretty much as I left it). I doubt if anyone can accuse me of not having enough mess around.

northwest view 640.jpg

This is my first attempt at a pic attachment, so apologies in advance if it's a screw-up.

Glad to hear of your good doctor's report. Can I take credit?

All the best
Peter

Hi Peter!

Glad you made it home in one piece, your clock will take a few days to reset, but at least you will be up early for a few days :D

Your shop looks great, sure, a little messy, but we all are going to assume that is from use :thumb:

LOVE all the space, and the wall space WOW, I could do SO MUCH with all that wall space ;) :D

Look forward to some more pics and stuff on your house too :thumb:

Cheers!