the annual physical that lasted 7 hours

allen levine

nothing quite can describe what its like to get up at 6am to go for the physical, the bloodwork, ekg, and then after all the testing, your doc tells you something seems wrong and calls the cardiologist, and says you have to go there now.
So off I went, and after starting my day at the doctors office at 7:20, I ended up home almost no chest hair left, 2 ekgs, 1 echo test, and a few electrodes that had to be replaced, and now, they hooked me up to watch me for a day.
Its pretty depressing I didnt get a chance to final assemble my rocking chair today, but now Im going to have to go out and work on it later, with this thing hooked to my belt and all these wires hanging off my chest.
Dont ya just love your doctor?
seems like I have something wrong with something thats responsible for clots that cause major strokes, and now I have to be treated.
Hah! Dont they know woodworkers , amateurs and pros alike have hearts as solid as oak!

Take a look at this doohickie, it even has an event button, so if anything exciting happens I hit the button and it records the time.(and I have to keep a written log, even when I go poopie, now how exciting can it get)
No microwaves, but drills and table saws are ok, so its off to work, cause I need to get this project done and the next one rocking.(oh man, I hope its dustproof)

Attachments

• wood stuff 171 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 171 (Medium).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Bummer

Let's hope the only "event" will be nothing more serious than a splinter and that the recorded output is something short of boring.

Allen, hopefully they are just being overly careful. My check up last July wasn't quite as eventful as yours, but they scheduled me for a visit with the cardiologist. When the tech was doing the echo, he asked me "And why are you here?" My DR. saw a little squiggle on the EKG. Cardio doc said they were looking for a text book perfect wave, and no one has that. I am supposed to go back for a baseline stess test, just because of family heart history, but we'll see when I can afford that. The Echo visit cast about 500.00 that wasn't covered. I'm afraid the stress test will be even more expensive.
I'll keep you on the mental prayer list! Best to find out of a problem now, rather than when something goes wrong!! Jim.

well allen yu lasted longer than me

i had to have one those starpped to me after i tried flying 2 yrs agao...got the same results after as i had before no heart no soul:rofl: but they got there dollars... had to swallow a camra to and it tokk 24 hours to make the tour.. so keep your eyes open wont be long and i will be a starty on tv somewhere or maybe you will with the new techy stuff these days .. good luck friend and dont stress your self on those chairs:thumb:

Better safe than sorry Allen. Let the testing tell them that your heart is solid oak. We need you making those rocking chairs, not just sitting on them :p

Tom

thanx everyone, Im sure my insurance company is going to be thrilled with todays charges.

I was spray painting a piece of wood just now, and I sneezed, and the neighbors garage door opened(I just had to say that)

Been there, done that myself. Doctors didn't learn a thing from it, but I'd do it again if necessary. Now that I'm a little older, some of the same "events" might not be on the log! ;)

Ive worked in that garage the past 2 years during snow storms, horrible back spasms, head colds, unbearable heat and humidity, but nothing was as troublesome as this stupid thing wired up to my chest.

Ive worked in that garage the past 2 years during snow storms, horrible back spasms, head colds, unbearable heat and humidity, but nothing was as troublesome as this stupid thing wired up to my chest.

Yeah, but just think how troublesome it would be having your ribs sawn in half and spread apart then stapled back together again!! I went and everybody was wondering why I was there. I was the youngest by 40 years. They found nothing but did have trouble getting my heart rate up to the test mark. They also only shaved 50 cent sized spots off. The kids really loved that but everything was fine, a LOT of stress going on at the time. Just knowing I wasn't a young guy having a heart attack brought my stress level down. Enjoy the fact that they are not carrying you out on some of your own boards!!:rofl:

I have a family history of heart disease (both sides). I spent the night last April in the cardiac unit at the local hospital, I thought I was having one. Trip on the treadmill and all the tests and I was told I was fine. The piece of mind was well worth the trouble. I think It was stress.
As I was getting ready to be discharged the nurse told me to go play the lottery. I asked why? She then said "three of you checked in last night and your the only one leaving. The other two are on their way to the cath lab."

Allen, John,
great news both of you.
John I can especially relate. I had a stress echo done yesterday... (see health update post for details) As I was sitting in the waiting room, I watched perhaps 12 patients come and go, and I was the youngest by easily 30 years if not 40. Nice thing was, most of them had a spouse with them (looking worried, but with them).