Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fire up the Snowplows...

Fire up the Snowplows...

It snowed for the first time this year last night. Kind of begs the question, is this a repeat of last year where we got 197˝ inches of snow? (The Maine record). I remember it snowed on Halloween once, but never this early. (10-22-08).

Kind of puts to rest the whole Global Warming Theory doesn't it?!
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

I would suggest the deserts that were once seas show a strong history of global warming. But in present history, the largest resurgence of global warming comes from the mouths of politicians and the friction created by the money being placed in their pockets.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Not saying anyone has crossed the line, but let's keep this thread on topic....EARLY and PLENTIFUL snowfall...on not go down the global warming path...OK moderator hat off.

The news mentioned a winter storm warning for central NE for today...quite a ways aways still but much to soon.

Travis, have you got your sheep shelter ready?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Gotta brag, mid-60's at nite, almost 80 in afternoon. Leaves are falling rapidly though. Snow is something we read about here.

Weather in boise has been mostly mild - expecting near 70 and sunny this weekend - however, we did get our earliest ever recorded measurable snow fall on Oct. 12 this year.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I hate to pick nits but it's generally not referred to as "global warming" anymore. "Climate Change" is the generally preferred term due to variable effect it has across the globe. For example, some areas will be (and likely probably already are) experiencing either increased (or decreased) precipitation, increased sea level rise, etc. etc.

Global warming connotates a result that many may not see to any significant degree for quite some time.

What's snow look like? Is it that cold looking white stuff on TV? The only snow we get here comes from Cuba. What were the mammoths and Native Americans driving that melted the ice sheet that covered most of North America?
    There are no mistakes in woodworking until you run out of wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Not saying anyone has crossed the line, but let's keep this thread on topic....EARLY and PLENTIFUL snowfall...on not go down the global warming path...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyon View Post
    I hate to pick nits but it's generally not referred to as "global warming" anymore. "Climate Change" is the generally preferred term due to variable effect it has across the globe. For example, some areas will be (and likely probably already are) experiencing either increased (or decreased) precipitation, increased sea level rise, etc. etc.

Global warming connotates a result that many may not see to any significant degree for quite some time.
    Again, folks, please keep to the original subject of snow and snowfall, not the global warming path. Political discussions are forbidden, remember?

Thanks.
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Snew

in the forecast and this morning as I was headed out the door it was on the screen on the local news....

That's Central NY for you... back in the day I marched in the high school band, and just about every columbus day parade it snowed.
    -Ned

Hey there Travis,

I gotta say that I don't envy you at all. You're welcome to be completely selfish and keep all the snow that you get I saw enough snow last winter to last me a long, lonnngggg time (and I've seen lots of snow in my lifetime).

cheers eh?

John