Freud LU85R010 (10" x 80T) at Sears - Half Price

glenn bradley

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00932488000P

blankimg.gif

I'm with you Larry. If I ran full kerf blades I would be all over this thing. ATB, 80T, teflon, industrial plate, $42.00??? Wow. I didn't pay much less than that for the last 24T Freud TK I got.

Thanks for the Heads up, Glenn. I just got my Confirmation #.:thumb:

Larry, u better order one too fer a spare, 'cause ur gonna have a LOT of boards to cut off for projects real QUICK, to make room fer them two logs ur gonna have milled.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My Blade Arrived Today - THANK YOU Glenn!

My blade arrived today. I normally would never afford this grade. I can't wait to try it out. Thank You for posting the Hot Deal!

sears has gained in ratings

thanks glen for the post and thanks to norman he shamed me into it:D it arrived today very fast delivery:thumb: so sears is back on the list of good spots again.. thanks again for postin this glen:thumb::thumb:

Local Sears Store Did it To Me AGAIN!!!!!

Well, I'm sure glad I shamed Larry into the Freud Deal, AND "He Got His".:thumb:

Now for the Bad........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

About 10 minutes after I ordered online (8/24/08) AND got an order confirmation#, someone from the Local Sears store called me and said, "I don't Order the blade you ordered online, BUT.....I have a Comparable Sears Blade that I can sell you".... to which I replied, I DON'T WANT a Sears Blade, I want the Freud I ordered. He then replied rather Huffily, "I'm NOT Ordering One blade just for you". I told him very politely that I wasn't asking him to order one, because I already had a confirmation of the order and that it said it would be shipped to his store for my pickup in 14 to 16 days. He mumbled something and hung up.

Last Friday, I decided to check the tracking for a probable delivery date, and it said "Awaiting E-mail confirmation", so.... not knowing what that meant, I called the 800 Customer service # and after the usual lengthy but necessary back & forth quiz (and 30 minutes on the phone) the nice gentleman said that there was some mixup, but that he would send an authorization to the shipping center as soon as we were off the phone, but ""just in case"", I should call that 800 # again on Monday to be sure everything was OK and that it had been shipped or was scheduled for shipping.

Well......I called that # again Monday and was told that the order had been canceled, and I asked why, because I sure hadn't canceled it, and they said that the LOCAL Sears Store had canceled it, and when I questioned it they said that was a Sears store option. ( I then found out that was why the bandsaw that was on sale that I ordered a few months back to be delivered at the local store never showed up either.......That order was also cancelled by the local store and I didn't even get a call on that one). I decided later that I really didn't need it anyhow so that one was no big deal to me.:rolleyes:

I tried to get them to forget the local pickup and just send me my order to my home and charge me for the shipping, (which was an option when I placed the order), and was told that:bang::bang::bang: item was now ONLY deliverable through a local store.:huh::doh:

Not wanting anything further to do with the store, (because I didn't feel that it would ever arrive that way), I kept pursuing the issue, but after talking (and having to retell the whole story) to 5 different customer people including supervisors and seeing that I had now been on the phone for 1 hr and 27 minutes (and only had 30 minutes to get to the airport to pick up the LOML, I finally told them to just forget the whole thing and that in the future, I would most certainly find other businesses to order my woodworking tools from, Sale or No Sale!!!!!!!

In closing, UNLESS you have a GOOD Local Store, when you want to take advantage of ANYTHING that is on sale online at Sears, You might just want to bite the bullet and pay for them to ship it direct to you.

Note: In case you haven't guessed by now, This was NOT a Happy Shopping Experience at SEARS.

Wow Norm, that is an amazingly unnecessary waste of your time. I am sorry for the abuse of power by what must surly be a sad and tiny little man running that store. Just because the next closest store is Midlamd, he thinks he's Julius Ceaser?

Last edited:
Wow Norm, that is an amazingly unnecessary waste of your time. I am sorry for the abuse of power by what must surly be a sad and tiny little man running that store. Just because the next closest store is Midlamd, he thinks he's Julius Ceaser?

Yeah, Glenn, it's crazy since I used to order a lot of "Tall" Shirts, etc. from the catalog with store pick up (since they didn't stock any Tall clothes at the store), and there was never a hitch, and even ordered other household goods & tools that they didn't stock with store pick up and there was never a problem. I only live a mile and a half from the local Sears store, but it's about a 50 mile round trip to the Midland store so it's cheaper to pay the freight on small items for home delivery than to go to Midland or the 125 mile round trip to the Big Spring Store for pick up. Oh well, there are a lot of OTHER Retailers that like my Business.:D (I wonder if the Manager at Sears is a Brother to the Manager at HD here???:rofl::rofl::rofl:

come on norman you should see how nice this thing cuts:) its so good that you just close tot he wood with it and it falls into two pieces with glass smooth results... there i feel better now .. seriously just reorder it for delivery to yourt door and enjoy the great deal.. i dont like stores that much anyway they are usually in big cities and the brown truck guys are normal fellars just makin buck.. and they talk in my language:) so yu better let this pass and go get one of them order norman i am GONNA hound you till you do:))

Last edited:
come on norman you should see how nice this thing cuts:) its so good that you just close tot he wood with it and it falls into two pieces with glass smooth results... there i feel better now .. seriously just reorder it for delivery to yourt door and enjoy the great deal.. i dont like stores that much anyway they are usually in big cities and the brown truck guys are normal fellars just makin buck.. and they talk in my language:) so yu better let this pass and go get one of them order norman i am goon hound you till you do:))

Larry whats a goon hound??????:eek::D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

come on norman you should see how nice this thing cuts:) its so good that you just close tot he wood with it and it falls into two pieces with glass smooth results... there i feel better now .. seriously just reorder it for delivery to yourt door and enjoy the great deal.. i dont like stores that much anyway they are usually in big cities and the brown truck guys are normal fellars just makin buck.. and they talk in my language:) so yu better let this pass and go get one of them order norman i am GONNA hound you till you do:))

Boy Larry, you really know how ta STOMP a feller when hes down, don ya?:rofl::rofl::rofl: Well I went back to the sight just now but the Price is back up ta $69.99 + shipping so I think I'll jest wait fer 'nother sale somewheres.;)

Hey Rennie, how'd ya get a picture of my Cuz's "Redneck" Goon Hounds??? (at least that's what he called 'm when he sent me tha pic's a while back). :rofl::rofl::rofl: