Thread: C-Man shaper

Floydada, Tx

C-Man shaper

I am looking at a older c-man shaper. It is a 1/2" spindle with 1 hp motor single owner and over a dozen new cutters for it, plus a few used ones. He is asking $350 orbo.I was thinking of offering $300, but wondering what others think about this. Here is a link to the ad

al, a shaper is invaluable but what you`re looking at is a router on steroids. do yourself a favor and hold off for at least a 3/4" spindle and 3hp.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Floydada, Tx
    Thanks Tod. I just talked to the guy down the road and said the same thing.Oh well maybe next time.

Oak Harbor Washington on Whidbey Island
    I have one of these shapers its not a bad shaper for home use. It was my Dad's so it probably will not go anywhere until I can't use it as I am kind of partial to my Dad's tools. I also have his old Davis & Wells shaper. I wouldn't pay more than $75-$100 for it & all the cutters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CM Shaper.jpg   DW shaper.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

St. Louis, MO
    I think i'd pass on that as well. Not that it isn't a useful machine, but the price is super steep in my book. For that, you can get a new 3 horse router and a decent table for it. I picked up an old Delta that's really on par with the C-man you were looking at. I paid $125 for mine with about 2 dozen cutters. It needed cleaning up, a new belt, and the switch was bad. Actually, for $295 you can get a brand new Grizzly shaper with the same capacity and a better fence. Grizzly cutters are $21.95. The C-man should run probably half of a new machine to be reasonably priced.