Walnut childs rocker

Bryan Cowing

This is the 3rd in a child's rocker I have built. On this one I tried bent lamination's on the backrest. It needs a sanding and another coat of lacquer. Getting bubbles on some pieces on the seat slats .
IMG_0301-1.jpg

IMG_0305.jpg

Beautiful job, Bryan. :thumb: I had a rocking chair that was a similar design when I was a little kid. (Not walnut, though.) I put a lot of miles on that thing.

WOW, That's a great looking chair. How old is the lucky kid?
I'm going to keep this one. I have most parts made for a 4 th chair. #4 will need a hard poly finish. Grand kids can be rough on furniture . I have a granddaughter that's 6 and she loves playing with her dolls and tea time, etc. I think she should have a chair to rock her dollies to sleep.

that is one fine rocker there bryan:thumb: that walnut just begs to handled.. and yup i can see the one little bubble it was on the lft side :D i bet there aint no bubbles you just said there was to make us feel better:D how much time you got in that. i know a grandaughter that might be lookin fer on in time to come. have to get someone else to do the round stuff though:) so whats your take on bent lamanating ? easy to accomplish or long learning curve?

Bryan

All I can say is WOW. I can only hope to aspire to your standard of woodworking. At present I am still very much a novice. Boy those chairs are almost too good to sit on. I hope the kids keep them a lifetime. What a great present.